Register Now
StaceyPowers

How would VR need to change for you to get into it?

If you haven’t gotten into VR, what would need to change about the technology to interest you in it? I still haven’t had a chance to try it, but I definitely would need an ultra-light headset since I have migraines and neck/jaw problems.

VR needs to be inexpensive and instead of those weird handles you use to control your movements, it should reflect your body gestures in real time in-game. I've used early versions of VR in the past and I think it lags a bit at times so that also needs to be addressed

I think a new market will open up for "virtual travel" as an affordable and accessible alternative to actual travel. Imagine 75 year old grandma being able to enjoy the view from a mountain summit or the ocean floor, or a teenage art lover being able to see every statue in every art museum at actual scale.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

I think a new market will open up for "virtual travel" as an affordable and accessible alternative to actual travel. Imagine 75 year old grandma being able to enjoy the view from a mountain summit or the ocean floor, or a teenage art lover being able to see every statue in every art museum at actual scale.

That wouldn't work for a lot or people though. It would be like seeing it on TV or on a computer. It could essentially cheapen the experience. I want to visit things like Stonehenge, the Pyramids/Sphinx at Giza, and the Colosseum. I want to see the Mona Lisa, and the Sistine Chapel. Seeing it through VR would make no difference. I could just admire them over my computer.

I would want a VR game that would get me to continue playing. For example, I kind of want to get into VR to play those rollercoaster simulator games but I feel like after a few rounds of playing I would get bored. I don't know what type of game I am looking for exactly but something that would sustain me for years.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, killamch89 said:

VR needs to be inexpensive and instead of those weird handles you use to control your movements, it should reflect your body gestures in real time in-game. I've used early versions of VR in the past and I think it lags a bit at times so that also needs to be addressed

This is exactly where I'm making my stand on VR, if they are aren't making any efforts to making it not expensive, I'm sure most people would be interested. 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:32 AM, Family sedan said:

I don't know if I'll get into VR or not.  Price and type of experience available would be the two factors as to if I would do it.

Seriously, I have every reasons to believe that if it's something that is affordable for people, a lot of people will definitely be open to it. 

On 5/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, lludawg said:

I would want a VR game that would get me to continue playing. For example, I kind of want to get into VR to play those rollercoaster simulator games but I feel like after a few rounds of playing I would get bored. I don't know what type of game I am looking for exactly but something that would sustain me for years.

Simply put, you are not looking at getting the hooked up with VR in such a way that it's going to be very difficult for you to let go when you want to. 

Just now, Family sedan said:

Yeah, I don't want to be addicted to anything.

Sometimes, I wonder if there is any advantages to getting addicted to any kind of video game to begin with? Although, those who are into it as a job might reason otherwise.