Register Now
StaceyPowers

How would VR need to change for you to get into it?

Just now, Family sedan said:

I wish I could make a career out of playing Gran Turismo.

I believe that it's something that is very interesting especially if it works out for you in the end because not all endeavors goes according to plan. 

1 minute ago, Family sedan said:

I know, I thought shelf stocking jobs would be easy, well they're not.

Did you say shelf stocking jobs? I don't really grasp the relationship between that and gaming to be very honest with you. 

3 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

Well i mean in terms of jobs that didn't go as planned.

Okay, you probably didn't know much about the job before getting into it is the only thing I can be able to process from what you said. 

Well first off, they should not need a facebook account to use. That is a deal breaker they added recently. At least oculus.

I'm still of the opinion that VR is a gimmick, that will slowly fade away. There are too few games that support it, and even fewer that are actually good games. It'd need to be one fifth of the price to have a chance, or an avalanche of great games releasing for it to make it even remotely appealing.

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Well first off, they should not need a facebook account to use. That is a deal breaker they added recently. At least oculus.

I'm still of the opinion that VR is a gimmick, that will slowly fade away. There are too few games that support it, and even fewer that are actually good games. It'd need to be one fifth of the price to have a chance, or an avalanche of great games releasing for it to make it even remotely appealing.

There was a lot critics with regards to the use of Facebook account for this which makes me think that they didn't actually conduct enough research to know the best channel to have used. 

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Yeah, the pace of work was too fast and people were just trying to change me.

Well, in most cases, it's either you beat them at it or you join and get used to whatever they do and become one of them. 

3 hours ago, calm-gamer said:

I've tried it with my dad. He has a VR headset. I'm just not in the right mindset right now. I haven't been for a few years. But for as far as I could I did enjoy it way more than I even thought I would.

I hope it's not anything to do with suicidal thoughts my friend? Please do take very good care of yourself because we all get to live one life. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

I hope it's not anything to do with suicidal thoughts my friend? Please do take very good care of yourself because we all get to live one life. 

Nah, just obsessive thinking and autism. Obsessive as in obsessive. I won't say I'm happy but I'm not depressed. I still got hope. I've had hope since the beginning. Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. But thanks for your concern. The real problem is that I can't play games properly.

Someone on Youtube once complained that they had to go through Skyrim's intro for the seventh time again because they CHOOSE to. Lucky bastard. That's most of my playtime, and I got hundreds of hours of Skyrim playtime, most of it the intro. I just long for the days I could finish MySims Kingdom on my Wii by playing an entire weekend at home without erasing my file at least a few times that day. I think I was still in highschool. I'm 27 now. Those were the days, man. Too bad people were a thing back then. As in fellow students. Yeah, life's never been perfect. But then again, I don't think it's supposed to be. That's why I got Animal Crossing New Horizons. I got that save for 3 days now. I'm gonna continue playing in a moment. I should get my museum soon. Hopefully it'll be there for a while. Even a month of playtime sounds like heaven to me. Heck, a week would already be a treat. Should keep me going for a while if that happened. Maybe that idea could be a motivator.

Sorry if that got too personal. I hope I didn't break any rules of the site.

In any event, happy gaming.