Register Now
StaceyPowers

How would VR need to change for you to get into it?

1 hour ago, calm-gamer said:

Nah, just obsessive thinking and autism. Obsessive as in obsessive. I won't say I'm happy but I'm not depressed. I still got hope. I've had hope since the beginning. Don't worry about me. I'll be alright. But thanks for your concern. The real problem is that I can't play games properly.

Someone on Youtube once complained that they had to go through Skyrim's intro for the seventh time again because they CHOOSE to. Lucky bastard. That's most of my playtime, and I got hundreds of hours of Skyrim playtime, most of it the intro. I just long for the days I could finish MySims Kingdom on my Wii by playing an entire weekend at home without erasing my file at least a few times that day. I think I was still in highschool. I'm 27 now. Those were the days, man. Too bad people were a thing back then. As in fellow students. Yeah, life's never been perfect. But then again, I don't think it's supposed to be. That's why I got Animal Crossing New Horizons. I got that save for 3 days now. I'm gonna continue playing in a moment. I should get my museum soon. Hopefully it'll be there for a while. Even a month of playtime sounds like heaven to me. Heck, a week would already be a treat. Should keep me going for a while if that happened. Maybe that idea could be a motivator.

Sorry if that got too personal. I hope I didn't break any rules of the site.

In any event, happy gaming.

Alright my friend, as far as you're healthy, it's what matters most. As for your gaming disposition currently, I'm quite sure that it's something that is going to change sooner or later. You will get back to it one way or another. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Alright my friend, as far as you're healthy, it's what matters most. As for your gaming disposition currently, I'm quite sure that it's something that is going to change sooner or later. You will get back to it one way or another. 

No doubt in my mind on that one. I just hope it'll be before I reach the 8 year anniversery of my med lowering. I'd like to be able to tell people that I ALMOST had to suffer for 8 years because of that. But we'll see. It's not something I can fix by anything other than selfcare and patience.

I'm about to create a secondary char in Animal Crossing and the save is still there, so today is starting out quite well. I would play some PC games as well, but I broke my PC on the BIOS level recently, and I only have this ancient laptop when it comes to PC games as a backup. I can't even play most indies on this thing. It's already past the average lifespan of a DESKTOP PC, so yeah, I'm just happy I can use the internet at a good speed without having to use a smartphone. Those things are a nightmare. They run out of energy in a day so they don't work as an emergency phone and they're a pain to use for the internet. And if we're talking video games, well... I shouldn't have to finish that sentence. Seriously. Mobile games? Uh, I think I'd rather go outside and hang out with people. You know, as in YUCK!

25 minutes ago, calm-gamer said:

No doubt in my mind on that one. I just hope it'll be before I reach the 8 year anniversery of my med lowering. I'd like to be able to tell people that I ALMOST had to suffer for 8 years because of that. But we'll see. It's not something I can fix by anything other than selfcare and patience.

I'm about to create a secondary char in Animal Crossing and the save is still there, so today is starting out quite well. I would play some PC games as well, but I broke my PC on the BIOS level recently, and I only have this ancient laptop when it comes to PC games as a backup. I can't even play most indies on this thing. It's already past the average lifespan of a DESKTOP PC, so yeah, I'm just happy I can use the internet at a good speed without having to use a smartphone. Those things are a nightmare. They run out of energy in a day so they don't work as an emergency phone and they're a pain to use for the internet. And if we're talking video games, well... I shouldn't have to finish that sentence. Seriously. Mobile games? Uh, I think I'd rather go outside and hang out with people. You know, as in YUCK!

Personally, I don't really have anything against anyone who's really into mobile gaming, it's a thing for some right now. I only play with mobile when I'm stuck in where I'm bored and I need some kind of distraction. 

14 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I don't really have anything against anyone who's really into mobile gaming, it's a thing for some right now. I only play with mobile when I'm stuck in where I'm bored and I need some kind of distraction. 

Yeah, I know. I was joking. It isn't for me, but people can like what they like. My dad's really into Pokémon Go. I tried it but I didn't enjoy it.

Just now, calm-gamer said:

Yeah, I know. I was joking. It isn't for me, but people can like what they like. My dad's really into Pokémon Go. I tried it but I didn't enjoy it.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to accepting people's gaming preferences, even if it's something that I don't fancy, I will definitely find a way to understand why they are into it. 

I'm gonna agree with @m76 here, that requirement to have a Facebook account to use Oculus Rift is ridiculous and should not be necessary. I'd also suggest it should become a little cheaper as well, but I don't see that happening as the industry seems more interested in advancing the tech rather than making it more affordable.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to accepting people's gaming preferences, even if it's something that I don't fancy, I will definitely find a way to understand why they are into it. 

Same.

I feel like I'm getting too personal on this discussion. This isn't the place for a therapy session. I'll be taking a break until my emotions are back on track. I got really angry during Animal Crossing just now and I'm hungry to boot. I still need to unwind and have some lunch. Yeah, I know, angry, during Animal Crossing.

Edited by calm-gamer

On 7/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, Shagger said:

I'm gonna agree with @m76 here, that requirement to have a Facebook account to use Oculus Rift is ridiculous and should not be necessary. I'd also suggest it should become a little cheaper as well, but I don't see that happening as the industry seems more interested in advancing the tech rather than making it more affordable.

Obviously, the company knows very well that in as much as their games ain't affordable, those that can afford it covers the cost and profit they are after.