Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game has had the single biggest impact on your life?

I would say microsoft flight simulator, since I started back many years ago, I never really stopped. Always doing it. Just something that I open and do everyday and doing far more hours of flying time. 

I would say the Pokemon series for me. It taught me the principles of preparation and care. Preparation through fighting gym leaders and care through caring for your Pokemon team! That Pokemon Go boom was one of my favourite times haha.

Since I've put tens of thousands of hours into replays of the game, I would have to say FF8. I've been playing and replaying it for over 22 years. And I only get bored with it at the end of the third disc. The only reason I often don't go to the fourth disc, is because it's so short and boring as hell. But either way, that one would probably have to be it.

I'd say the Metal Gear series because there are some real-life lessons that was revealed over the entire span of the series. Things like the self actions of a parent ruining their children's life come to mind. Also, the will to overcome any obstacles is something I learned from Solid Snake as he was said to be the "inferior" clone of Big Boss but he turned out to be the best one. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd say the Metal Gear series because there are some real-life lessons that was revealed over the entire span of the series. Things like the self actions of a parent ruining their children's life come to mind. Also, the will to overcome any obstacles is something I learned from Solid Snake as he was said to be the "inferior" clone of Big Boss but he turned out to be the best one. 

I've never played MG, but I know from personal experience EXACTLY what it is to live like that. My sperm donor was a physically abusive drunk. My egg donor was a verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive slut.

Yet to them and everyone else, my brother and sister walked on water. Fucked up situation.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've never played MG, but I know from personal experience EXACTLY what it is to live like that. My sperm donor was a physically abusive drunk. My egg donor was a verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive slut.

Yet to them and everyone else, my brother and sister walked on water. Fucked up situation.

My dad was a self-absorbed narcissist that only cared about his self image and was always verbally abusive to my mother. I have friends who also had very abusive mothers - sometimes I think parents should undergo some kind of evaluation to see if they're ready for parenting because some people don't deserve kids.

30 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Is Spec Ops The Line really that good? I've been looking for games with really good stories. 

Yes, it's worth it. I'd say it took me a while to really be impacted by it, because for a long time in the beginning/middle, I had no idea where it was going. But it gave me some things to think about regarding our unconscious motivators and how they can limit our choices, to the point where I'd say it helped me face some stuff last year in my personal life I was avoiding for a really long time.

I apologize that I don't recall which games you've played off the top of my head, but if you haven't yet, TLOU and BioShock series are amazing story-wise. 

My all time favorite games are Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy VI (in no order, though I tend to say the latter is my favorite).  They have had the largest impact on my life than any other games I ever played (because I was so young when I played them, no doubt).  FFIV in particular really helped formulate the basis, in my mind, of what makes a game, or a story, good.

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Is Spec Ops The Line really that good? I've been looking for games with really good stories. 

9 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yes, it's worth it. I'd say it took me a while to really be impacted by it, because for a long time in the beginning/middle, I had no idea where it was going. But it gave me some things to think about regarding our unconscious motivators and how they can limit our choices, to the point where I'd say it helped me face some stuff last year in my personal life I was avoiding for a really long time.

And people complained about Hatred being too violent.

I'd say some of the games I continue to go back are devil may cry and age of mythology along with few other games which are FPS and strategy. I think my mental model always finding solution kind of from those games. 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:09 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It's an amazing game story-wise. The gameplay was good but more on the generic side but the story really reels you in from start to finish and the twist at the end really drives home how amazing a game it is. It's just really underrated and a very philosophical game.

All simulator games have attributed to me in some way. I work in an aviation sector, so flying simulator games have really helped in that case.

I love playing Microsoft flight simulator and flightgear. Although I have played many more but this two are my favourite.

Edited by Razor1911