Register Now
killamch89

PS5s Will Be Hard To Find Even Through 2022 Due To Low Supply and High Demand Says Sony

On 5/15/2021 at 8:49 AM, The Blackangel said:

Being a classic gamer (with a few exceptions) the only place I really have to get games is eBay, and occasionally Craigslist. It sucks because the prices are bullshit most of the time, but it's about all that's left for me as an option.

Amazon does have a few deals on classic games although it'll take a bit more digging than with eBay or Craigslist.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:24 PM, killamch89 said:

Ever since this scalping issue has come up, I no longer purchase anything on eBay and most other sites. The prices are so mind-numbingly ridiculous that I'd not even consider anything on eBay ever again.

Yeah, that's fair. Some of the eBay prices are exorbitant! I especially hate those cheeky sellers who are selling PS5s for ridiculous amounts, only to send the buyers a photo of their own PS5! Absolutely scandalous!

On 5/17/2021 at 12:21 PM, DylanC said:

Yeah, that's fair. Some of the eBay prices are exorbitant! I especially hate those cheeky sellers who are selling PS5s for ridiculous amounts, only to send the buyers a photo of their own PS5! Absolutely scandalous!

That's seriously messed up - But that's what they get for buying from scalpers. I just want those laws to come into effect to deal with these criminals and some major retailers are also guilty of charging way above the MSRP for some items.

It might be a tactic by Sony. If demand is high in the market, why not they produce some more? I wonder if they say, they don't have enough resources. I can't digest that gaming giant like Sony would go out of resources. 😏

It might be a tactic by Sony. If demand is high in the market, why not they produce some more? I wonder if they say, they don't have enough resources. I can't digest that gaming giant like Sony would go out of resources. 😏

11 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Not fault of sony. The problem lies with the semiconductor supply and also various other supply issues in the processor and in general electronics market. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not fault of sony. The problem lies with the semiconductor supply and also various other supply issues in the processor and in general electronics market. 

If that's the case, then I don't think the price of PS5 is going to come down soon. Specially due to pandemic situation, the usage of such semi conductors have multiplied, and with time the shortage is expected to widen. 

They will probably fix their production soon enough as soon as corona stops and USA lifts most of the bans from China. Besides I think it's also due to not having enough games yet on it that it goes out slower.

2 hours ago, Shole said:

They will probably fix their production soon enough as soon as corona stops and USA lifts most of the bans from China. Besides I think it's also due to not having enough games yet on it that it goes out slower.

Well the stock has definitely risen in recent months so it's somewhat easier to get one now compared to earlier in the year.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:16 PM, Razor1911 said:

If that's the case, then I don't think the price of PS5 is going to come down soon. Specially due to pandemic situation, the usage of such semi conductors have multiplied, and with time the shortage is expected to widen. 

Unless 2022 ends, I don't think there is going to be much possible way people can have the device. scalpers have been selling it high cost as well. 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:51 AM, killamch89 said:

Well the stock has definitely risen in recent months so it's somewhat easier to get one now compared to earlier in the year.

Well the popularity has really really grown, and people got mad about it so for sure they had to increase their production.

I guess some of my friends were really fortunate to score the PS5s at Christmastime and I don't even know what time of day they had to get into the stores to make that a reality. I know it was during one of the big sales though that I saw posts on Facebook about their excitement of finding them. Now are games for the platform hard to find as well?

On 7/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, Lämmchen said:

I guess some of my friends were really fortunate to score the PS5s at Christmastime and I don't even know what time of day they had to get into the stores to make that a reality. I know it was during one of the big sales though that I saw posts on Facebook about their excitement of finding them. Now are games for the platform hard to find as well?

Not really, you can just buy and download the games off the PSN network but PS5 seem to be far more attainable now than a couple months ago because Sony has really ramped up their production.