Register Now
lludawg

If a game is available on both Mobile and PC, which do you prefer to play on?

On 2/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, skyfire said:

I think with the games coming to android, I am pretty sure in near future we are going to see more AAA titles too.

Seriously, they are already making their ways to Android phones because of the money that's in that sector. 

18 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

PC is better off when it comes to quality gaming than mobile phone. But when it comes to flexibility option, I'll choose mobile gaming since I go anywhere with my phone than moving with my PC. 

There is no way you would expect PC gaming and mobile gaming. Yeah, it's portable to play using smartphone but it's not near PC gaming. 

Depends on the  game. Some games work best on PC while others work best on mobile. I'd rather play a game that's mobile friendly on mobile rather than a tv screen. I mean sure, some people could play mobile on a pc, but I think a lot of the mobile games out there, work best on mobile anyway. And with PC games, they never work that good on mobile, at least not yet.

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Depends on the  game. Some games work best on PC while others work best on mobile. I'd rather play a game that's mobile friendly on mobile rather than a tv screen. I mean sure, some people could play mobile on a pc, but I think a lot of the mobile games out there, work best on mobile anyway. And with PC games, they never work that good on mobile, at least not yet.

I actually heard that you can make use of Bluestack software to get your mobile games to play on your PC. 

If I find a game I am interested in that is both on PC and mobile I will always choose to get the PC version first. If I like the PC version and it's a game I would also like to play on the go, that is when I would download the game on my phone. Luckily with most games now you have a cross progression system in place so with some games I can play on PC and mobile and have my account be on both devices which I love.

I recently come to realize that it depends. Marvel Snap is on both PC and mobile, so I played the PC version first, being more accustomed to the former platform and all. However, the PC version has certain issues. For one thing, the recent in-game event, "Hero", doesn't work on the PC version. You're required to go to the "news" section of the game and join the event there, but on the PC version, the news section merely contains the game's social links (TikTok, Instagram, etc.), whereas on the mobile version, the event works fine.

Furthermore - and this is a more important point to me personally, which I'll elaborate later on another thread - I find myself more addicted to the game when playing on PC because it's a platform I frequently use, thus more comfortable with using it. With my mobile, I'm not as comfortable picking up this rather hefty object that is my smartphone all the time, so I wouldn't be influenced to keep playing every hour (it's also partly due to my dislike of mobile games that subconsciously makes me disassociate my mobile with gaming).

However, there's a problem with this. Someone created a useful tracker app to track your activities in the game (your win/loss ratio, new cards you've added to the collection, etc.). Unfortunately, it only works on the PC version. There's no mobile version of this app AFAIK. This means I'm forced to play it on PC if I want to use the tracker.

Now, as I'll explain soon elsewhere, this game hasn't done favors for my anxiety or video game addiction, so between fighting the addiction or being able to use some tracker, it's pretty clear which platform I should prioritize.

So really, it depends. Both platform might have issues that the other platform might compensate for if the game is designed to be on both the PC and mobile.