Register Now
lludawg

What sports games do you play but do not play the actual sport?

I used to love playing the NFL series on my Playstation but I have never played in an actual football match. I have heard that a lot of people play skateboarding games like Skate 3 but have never actually skateboarded. Does anyone here play a certain sports game but does not play the actual sport?

33 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

I also have only been on a skateboard once, yet I played Tony Hawk games.  I mostly played them to see scenery and hear Rock and Metal music.  I've never been on a snowboard, but I sometimes play Cool Boarders 3.

Oooh that reminds me. I love playing Rockband and Guitar Hero but have never actually played a guitar or drums in my life. 

I do not play sports PC games, hell never really a sport person. BUT, this is a very big super buy I have done F1 sports and and I can't drive 😛 Does fishing counts as a sport? then if so then yes for both. 

I don't play sport games anymore, mainly because there are no decent sports games anymore. Outside of ea cashgrabs there is really nothing. Last FIFA I played was world cup 2002, and even that was due to peer pressure.

I used to love golf games, but pga tour got the ea plague long ago.  There are zero billiard / snooker games nowadays, which I also used to enjoy. And finally I'd love to play decent tennis games but nothing of the sort came out since virtua tennis 4.

I actually tried all of these sports at least once in my life. I don't think there are any sports games I played that I never did in real life. But there are sports I did IRL that I never played in a videogame. Like Squash, Cycling.

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Auto racing is a sport.  If you don't believe me watch fall Martinsville '98 in the NASCAR Cup Series.  Ricky Rudd ends up on a ventilator in victory lane.

Yeah, I used to play a lot of Nascar and Formula one games back in the day.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was a pro-am snowboarder in my youth, but I'm not able to ride one anymore. As a result snowboarding games are the only ones I really play.

I used to snowboard on winter holidays as a kid but it's been a good while since I haven't done it. I want to plan a winter trip but Covid just keeps messing everything up.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I used to play a lot of Nascar and Formula one games back in the day.

I used to snowboard on winter holidays as a kid but it's been a good while since I haven't done it. I want to plan a winter trip but Covid just keeps messing everything up.

Did you play NASCAR '99?  I feel like that was the first good NASCAR PlayStation game.  It had it's flaws, but not as many as earlier games.