Register Now
Patrik

Are you ever impressed by beta versions of games?

I'm personally one of those people that say "woah, i wish they kept that character like that, i wish they left that feature in the final game", also some games look even cooler in their beta versions (before the final release).

Am i the only one? xd

No you're not the only one. There have been games in the past that I liked the beta version way more than the final release. I can't remember any off the top of my head, as my memory is a big problem. My neurologist is trying to help me with it.

But I do know that there have been several.

I was this way with Paladins: Champions of the Realm before they added Viktor, a twitch-shooter character in a game with really high time-to-kill (TTK.) Rather than adjust him to suit the game, Paladins instead changed to suit him. I've not played much since because the TTK is so critically low, and at that moment just became another hero shooter.

There's not many betas that impress me much these days because the ones I get involved in tend to be stress tests. The last 'proper' beta I played was for Crowfall. I waited years to get into that only for it to be the most underwhelming MMO experience I'd ever had the displeasure of experiencing. I say MMO, the only massive aspect to it was the waste of time it turned out to be.

Yes I am similar to you. There have been games where I have played the beta and was totally in love with something in it only to find out that in the final game version they modified or completely took out that aspect. They must have their reasons for doing so though I guess.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

A few games in the past but if I'm being honest, most games are released in beta version nowadays. I mean, they come with a ridiculous amount of issues and have to be fixed after the launch date.

well, beta version means a version of the game before it received lots of modifications and changes before its final release

44 minutes ago, Patrik said:

well, beta version means a version of the game before it received lots of modifications and changes before its final release

The point I was making is about the terrible state of modern games when they get launched, they still need to undergo those same changes and modifications they should've worked on before the release date. So basically, they released an unfinished product and finish it after the launch through patches.

I’ve played Battlefield Betas for years and I think that it can really show the new gameplay options, and it can show the new gameplay graphics on new weapons, character models, or map models.