Register Now
killamch89

Intel's First Entry Into The GPU Space For A While

If I remember correctly, Intel tried to make GPUs in the early 2000s. The name of these GPUs is the Intel Artic Sound series and they're discrete GPUs. Here's an article about the Artic sound 1T and 2T. I'd like to here your opinion about these GPUs. Do you think in a few years they could give AMD and Nvidia competition in the budget class with their GPU offerings?

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-arctic-sound-xe-hp-accelerators-pictured-feature-up-to-7680-cores-32gb-hbm2e-memory

On 5/21/2021 at 7:59 AM, Empire said:

Intel should just stick what they are good at, I mean stock and how things are still be just not being stocked. Unless they offering greater performance. 

It'll probably be pretty terrible compared to anything AMD or Nvidia offers being that this is their first try in many years. However, I can see it improving. Will they catch up to AMD and Nvidia? Not likely with the upcoming graphics cards to offer up to 3 times the performance of current gen versions.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:31 PM, Patrik said:

Pretty impressive, i just hope they don't become the "Apple" of graphics cards (even before than Nvidia a while ago)

Intel tried to do that with the CPU market but AMD is what forced them to change strategy so good luck trying to think they'll do otherwise.