Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

The Evil Within Series

Just started Evil Within 2 and I am really liking it. It reminds me of Layers of Fear with the psychological artistic horror approach. This is my new favorite genre of games; the psychological thrillers where the scenes are displays of art. I feel like I missed some things from the first game that I haven't played. Oh well, too late now. I'll definitely get the first one though, and if it anything like 2, then I'm happy. Happy for horror? Hmmm; what have I become? Don't you just love the sound of rubbing two knives together? Yes, meditative. I'm getting happier. I can't stop smiling. 

I have never been a resident evil fan to be honest, but this game was an amazing play through and had a pretty good story. Had good and bad reviews like any other games, but if you want to play it, go for it 🙂 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, Candy Stick said:

I think it's like being back in Silent Hill, actually.

Hopefully, both series are revived real soon...

🙂

Oh that sounds like a good comparison, but is it really that scary or more like in that genre?

18 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

The second game was out in 2017, and so far, there has been no news about a third game. 

I really like the franchise. But I don't understand the whole STEM thing in it, really.

A machine to control everybody's emotions so that they are all happy I guess, and easy to control. 

On 6/29/2021 at 6:21 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Just started Evil Within 2 and I am really liking it. It reminds me of Layers of Fear with the psychological artistic horror approach. This is my new favorite genre of games; the psychological thrillers where the scenes are displays of art. I feel like I missed some things from the first game that I haven't played. Oh well, too late now. I'll definitely get the first one though, and if it anything like 2, then I'm happy. Happy for horror? Hmmm; what have I become? Don't you just love the sound of rubbing two knives together? Yes, meditative. I'm getting happier. I can't stop smiling. 

Some video games series are designed in a way that you can start out from any series of it and really enjoy and understand it. 

On 5/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I have heard lots about the Evil Within but I can't remember if I ever played it or not. I also would like to know more about this series as well.

Here is something to look through and maybe it would brush your memory up on the game. 

18 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

The only 'Evil game series I've played is Resident evils. I've never played this one 'Evil with in. I could've loved it had it been I saw any trailer here for it. 

Resident Evil wouldn't be considered an Evil game series. They are practically two different kind of games with different storyline or narrative.