Register Now
killamch89

Paradox Dev Apologizes For Disastrous Launch Of Europa Universalis IV's DLC - Leviathan

In today's episode of how to destroy a community's trust overnight, we have the disastrous launch of EUIV's DLC - Leviathan. This one is a record breaker for being the worst reviewed Steam product EVER and it's such a shame too because up until that point, EUIV always had the community's backing and because of greed, they turned their community against them. What do you think about this?

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think stuff like this happens, we are all humans and launch fails are not new. some really good games have had that in the past. 

I'm not saying it can't happen but to screw up this badly says that they haven't met their community's expectations. However, this is their first screw-up so the community will forgive them after a bit of time.

We need more of this. Its a step in the right direction. Completely opening up and owning up to the mistakes is much better than the usual "We heard your feedback" and "we are listening" type "apologies" where the company uses fancy PR words to avoid ever admitting they did anything wrong. They obviously still need to follow up with actions that reflect their intentions, but an open admission of guilt is a breath of fresh air from a usual deceptive industry.

On 5/19/2021 at 2:06 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not saying it can't happen but to screw up this badly says that they haven't met their community's expectations. However, this is their first screw-up so the community will forgive them after a bit of time.

What I found odd is the DLC going wrong. I mean not a lot of dev studios have that part wrong must be rushed stuff with the staff. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

What I found odd is the DLC going wrong. I mean not a lot of dev studios have that part wrong must be rushed stuff with the staff. 

The community was clearly not pleased with the contents of this DLC and we need more of this happening to let devs know that they can't just serve us up garbage and we'll accept it.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, Empire said:

We need more of this. Its a step in the right direction. Completely opening up and owning up to the mistakes is much better than the usual "We heard your feedback" and "we are listening" type "apologies" where the company uses fancy PR words to avoid ever admitting they did anything wrong. They obviously still need to follow up with actions that reflect their intentions, but an open admission of guilt is a breath of fresh air from a usual deceptive industry.

Yeah, it at least shows the devs care far more about their community's concern than others.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:31 AM, killamch89 said:

The community was clearly not pleased with the contents of this DLC and we need more of this happening to let devs know that they can't just serve us up garbage and we'll accept it.

Reasonable considering they found it pretty painful to use the DLC and work around the DLC. I guess then such reaction is reasonable. 

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Reasonable considering they found it pretty painful to use the DLC and work around the DLC. I guess then such reaction is reasonable. 

We need that kind of backlash for every company because I notice that when certain companies do stuff like this, people try and defend it.