Register Now
killamch89

Google Continue To Insist That Stadia Is "Alive And Well" Despite Many Employees Leaving

In typical Google delusion, the Stadia team is claiming the platform is "alive and well" despite the fact that they're losing employees left and right. Now I understand the response because if they said the platform is finished, then everyone would jump ship immediately but there comes a time when you need to call it quits and go back to the drawing board. What are your thoughts on this?

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think they must have done the outsourcing and the thing is that employees leaving could be because of the other reasons too. But it was google project means doomed to fail. 

The biggest indicator of a "sinking ship" is when everyone starts to leave. It indicates that this project is not only a failure but a mass screw-up and the team don't believe it'll ever be successful.

The worst part about this is that the newest orcs must die game is locked onto stadia for an unknown period of time. I actually really like that series and seeing them take the money to be exclusive was saddening.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, Empire said:

The worst part about this is that the newest orcs must die game is locked onto stadia for an unknown period of time. I actually really like that series and seeing them take the money to be exclusive was saddening.

That game will never be released because Google fired all their Stadia first-party game development teams so it's definitely not getting released at least, not on the Stadia. 

On 5/25/2021 at 1:25 AM, skyfire said:

I think the issue is that google needs to find a way to continue sustaining it. otherwise there are same other options out there and there is no need for the stadia. 

Google's track record of sustaining most things is very horrible. All you have to do is look at the amount of Google products that were shut down in the last decade due to poor sustenance and support from Google. If anything, they're good at legally pirating innovative inventions from other companies and then dissolving said companies.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:59 PM, Patrik said:

I heard that it was abandoned and Google decided to contribute in projects instead of making something on its own

Stadia is still on but their employee numbers are reduced it seems they want to support it for LTS reasons and then close the project. 

Just now, killamch89 said:

Nope - it's still "functional" as far as we know. However, they're losing staff at a very astonishing rate so it'll be closed down within 2 years.

that's pretty sad (for them) since i'm not interested in cloud gaming at all :p