Register Now
killamch89

Samsung Display Division Has Unveiled Some New Foldable And Rollable Displays - This Is Exciting!

I'm somewhat of a huge fan of the rollable displays as I believe it will be far more practical and more durable than current foldable ones. That being said, the new triple folding display is quite an interesting one as well because it basically folds like a map. However, it doesn't provide that many benefits over the original foldable displays and will likely have way more drawbacks. What is your take on this?

On 5/19/2021 at 6:31 AM, skyfire said:

I think for those who are into streaming and the vlog would love design of this sort. I mean they do 10 things at a time and they could enjoy design of this type for the long term usage too. 

I think the tri fold screen won't take off but the Rollable will definitely have some fans due to practicality and durability. 

12 hours ago, Empire said:

if they make a rollable with a bump like the Huawei MateX, they could increase the diameter of the circle that the display folds over, and thus make thicker glass possible

That's a pretty good point actually but we'll see how they plan to implement it.

The trailer video I watched here centred around Samsung newly developed foldable, rollable phones is great. I really love the feature, it makes it unique, Samsung is really shaping the world of mobile phones to good, and advancing them to ultra new level.