Register Now
killamch89

Asus Zenfone 8 - Looks Like A Prototype

MrWhoseTheBoss review of this phone is detailed and I agree that it looks like a prototype. It's such a plain looking phone that it kind of looks like a model. However, it packs a lot of features. What are your thoughts about it?

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am loving how the ASUS is slaying these days. I wont be surprised if the Lenovo follows them here as well. It seems like Asus recent development was pretty good. 

The thing is, I'm used to flashier designs for the Zenfone due to previous findings but this phone caught me off guard because it's far more of a simple design than anything on the market currently.

The misaligned camera is a great design. especially for people that like and what that, who tends to cover the lens with my index finger. great idea! also if you drop it to the right corner, it won't shock your lens. I love the fact that he starts the video immediately with the topic and not some dumb intro or sponsorship and puts them at the end of the video.

Anyway Im literally blown away by the specs of this phone.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

The misaligned camera is a great design. especially for people that like and what that, who tends to cover the lens with my index finger. great idea! also if you drop it to the right corner, it won't shock your lens. I love the fact that he starts the video immediately with the topic and not some dumb intro or sponsorship and puts them at the end of the video.

Anyway Im literally blown away by the specs of this phone.

Yeah, MrWhoseTheBoss is one of the best tech reviewers on YouTube because he usually gets straight to the point and he's pretty impartial in his review of any phone. As for the specs of the phone, I'm not really surprised seeing as this is standard but the fact that they managed to pack it into such a relatively small phone, now that is amazing.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:58 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah mrwhostheboss is also the person who has shown pretty good amount of future tech before it appears on any other channel. I often take his opinion in weight for some respected value. 

And he does proper research and testing of the products before he recommends them so that's why I take his reviews more seriously unlike some other YouTubers.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:57 PM, skyfire said:

Yes he also recently did one video on places where there was 100% 5G and what could be the possibility in such places with the devices. pretty cool stuff he brings on the show. 

I totally agree - I'm always excited when I see a notification comes up that he's dropped a new video because I know it'll be something awesome.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:14 AM, skyfire said:

One thing realized that the 5G support and back network support is the least talked about feature of it. 5G support especially in the experimental times is pretty interesting. 

Because 5G as of now is basically an upgraded 4G connection so that's why it's backwards- compatible. 

On 6/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, skyfire said:

Yes. I hope that we get to see 5G as in real action. I have heard of few singapore and the philipines telecom switching to it and seems to have given pretty good performance. 

5G is very realistic now with what China have done lately. Although I'm yet to upgrade to using a 5G mobile, but definitely I am going to.