Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are you sometimes unaware of when you have saved?

I'm the opposite. I constantly forget to save for the most part. I've gotten better at saving after a plot point in a story, but if I'm not doing that and I'm exploring or something else then I'll forget all day to save. Then when the game glitches out, I lose everything I had spent the day doing, because I'm an idiot.

I played an older game a few years ago, and it's ridicilous how dependent we became on auto-save. I constantly forgot to save in the old game. It was so strange that I needed to save my game at the beginning of a new level. It used to be instinct in the early 90s, but autosave completely eradicated the save gene from me. So nowadays it is more often that I forgot to save for longer periods and curse my forgetfulness when I realize that I didn't save for how long when eventually dying.

Once the thought comes up if I saved yet, if I can't remember I'll do it again because as I said in another thread, when my luck is bad, it's ridiculous. I'll literally say let me just pass the area and I probably slip and fall to my death and have to make the trek all the way back to the spot I could've saved at.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have had an extremely bad experience with not saving, believing that I had saved and ended up losing the stages I completed because I failed to save and as a result I save over and over again. 

That's why I praise the games which have autosave feature. Most of the games these days have auto save option. Recently I have played shadow of The Tomb Raider, which automatically saves the game when you reach certain checkpoints. 

Otherwise, I too often forget to save Games. And at later stage I have to regret for that. 😆

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That's why I praise the games which have autosave feature. Most of the games these days have auto save option. Recently I have played shadow of The Tomb Raider, which automatically saves the game when you reach certain checkpoints. 

Otherwise, I too often forget to save Games. And at later stage I have to regret for that. 😆

Seriously, the auto save feature is definitely the best because you absolutely have nothing to do with trying to save on your own as the job has automatically been done for you. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have had an extremely bad experience with not saving, believing that I had saved and ended up losing the stages I completed because I failed to save and as a result I save over and over again. 

That's why I save every few minutes sometimes twice in a couple of seconds to be sure.

8 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

The only issue I have with Autosave is when it's being saved while I'm getting my butt handed to me and I got to experience that beating each time I reload the save. 🤣

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I save every few minutes sometimes twice in a couple of seconds to be sure.

The only issue I have with Autosave is when it's being saved while I'm getting my butt handed to me and I got to experience that beating each time I reload the save. 🤣

I think if you are very good at saving every few minutes, then you need not to be concerned with having auto save. 

This happened to me a few times. Whenever the batteries would die in my controller while playing any game or just playing so hard that saving doesn't even come to me. And usually it would be after a had been playing for a few hours and sis a lit of stuff.

On that note, so used to playing games that ahve auto save on them LOL

20 minutes ago, Empire said:

This happened to me a few times. Whenever the batteries would die in my controller while playing any game or just playing so hard that saving doesn't even come to me. And usually it would be after a had been playing for a few hours and sis a lit of stuff.

On that note, so used to playing games that ahve auto save on them LOL

Seriously, it sucks big time when you are forced to replay all over again what you struggled to complete simply because you forgot to save. 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, killamch89 said:

That must have been very painful for you. Lol. But which game you are talking about? As most of the games which provides autosave feature, you get the option to delete the last saved checkpoint. At least in that way you can save your but a little bit. 😆

On 7/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, Razor1911 said:

That must have been very painful for you. Lol. But which game you are talking about? As most of the games which provides autosave feature, you get the option to delete the last saved checkpoint. At least in that way you can save your but a little bit. 😆

Seriously, it's very frustrating when such a feature that's supposed to be a help to you ends up biting you in the ass hard 😂