Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is a deal-breaker for you as far as trying or buying a game?

Online only. That is the number one deal breaker for me. Strictly first person only would be in second place, depending on the game. For example I love Hexen, and it's a first person game. For those unfamiliar with it, make Doom a medieval game and you have Hexen. But for games like RDR2 and Skyrim, if they were first person only, I never would have gotten into RDR2, and would have never given Skyrim so many (failed) chances to draw me in. The biggest thing that turned me off from Skyrim is the controls. no matter how I change them they are just clunky and unusable for me.

1. Exclusive to the epic game store, or consoles. 
    The first one is out of principle.
    The second one is because I might have a ps, but I hate playing games on console due to the controller. So except for a very few select games I don't buy games for playstation.

2. Multiplayer only games
    Games that have no proper single player campaign can F right off.

3. The inclusion of current day political debates in the game
    No real world politics should ever be a central theme in a game, unless it is historical with no ambiguity around them.

4. Games by Developers / creators who have a history of degrading / looking down on the gaming community
    Examples: Patrick Soderlund, Adrian Chimleraz, Cliff Blezinsky...

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

not only that, but singleplayer matters for me too!

I too like single player. But the game should have better gameplay. 

The deal breaker for me would be any game that is strategic. I mean, I love action and adventure games, but if the game is more kind of strategic one, then I prefer not to go for it.

17 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I too like single player. But the game should have better gameplay. 

The deal breaker for me would be any game that is strategic. I mean, I love action and adventure games, but if the game is more kind of strategic one, then I prefer not to go for it.

it's a matter of preference at the end 😛

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is a good friend of mine who would never pay for any game that is cost more than $40. It's the major deal beaker for him with any game. 

I often don't go for games that cost more than that either. I don't have a lot of money, and don't bring in much, so I wait until the game either goes on sale, or I just don't buy it. I had Mario Kart and Paper Mario in my wishlist on my Switch, but the price for both of them stayed at $60 each, and they never went on sale, so I just lost interest and deleted them. I've gotten more into indie games anyway, as far as Switch games go. If they ever go on sale for a lot less (like %50 off) then I'll consider them again, but I doubt I'll buy them even then.

42 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

My friends don't live nearby, so a game has to have a single player feature, or I won't buy it.

What about MMO games?  Don't prefer them too? You can play it online though. 🧐

And I guess there are few games only that doesn't provide single player. You don't have to search a lot for your choice. 😁