Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Personal vehicle non racing games

I know there is a whole sleuth of games out there where you have your own personal vehicle. I want talk about some of your favorites. I bring this up because I have a big ass smile on my face playing Mad Max. Sometimes a vehicle can become an extended part of you. Maybe your personality, expression, taste, or even...companion? I am really enjoying the use of the vehicle in Mad Max and the fact that you can collect all kinds of other vehicles to use to drive whenever you want is awesome and I'm pleasantly surprised. In a way I am reminded of Days Gone as he rides a motorcycle in a post apocalyptic world. I think where Days Gone lacked was that you really can't ride around as much without needing more gas. Cool customizations for the bike and all, but the variations in bike style wasn't as broad. If I were to drive my bike around and tear things up as much as Mad Max, that would be pretty great. 

Another game I recently got is the latest Batman Arkham Knight. I'm not really a fan, but I wanted to try the game since it has really good reviews. I just started and I think driving the Batmobile is fun and there is lots of cool action. The controls are a bit weird to me. 

What other games do you know that you drive your personal vehicle and is always available, not just on a mission. Any things you like or dislike? Which vehicles will be a good match in a dual? Which ones look the coolest? Which ones would you make your extended self? For me, so far I have to say I'm sure I'll find it in Mad Max. If you haven't played it, it is highly recommended. 

GTA 5 has so many interesting vehicles - where do I begin? The Delorian which is car that can go into flight mode and fire rockets and machine guns. There's the Toreador which is a car than can transform into a submersible and it has boost, can fire missiles, can jump and did I mention how much fun it is? There's vehicles like the Ruiner that can do most of these things including jump but can also use a parachute to ensure a soft landing.

One of my favorite old games is hard truck apocalypse. As the title suggests you drive a truck in it in a post apocalyptic europe. But you can buy a wide variety of trucks in the game and the upgrade variety is insane, you can make it have tons of weapons or carry lots of cargo, or simply go fast. Who would think that the biggest bulkiest truck in the game, which is the slowest by default can be upgraded to be the fastest in the game.

Games where you can upgrade your vehicle was always my favorite type of game.

An even older game was interstate 76 which was kind of similar in terms of upgrading but unfortunately you couldn't replace your vehicle in it, at least not in the single player mode. And the multiplayer was so unstable in it that it was unplayable.

I wish fallout had vehicles but that game is barely stable at walking pace, a vehicle would destroy gamebryo.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:30 PM, Patrik said:

I used to love the F-600 in GTA Tbogt, it's unfortunately available only in that specific DLC and can't be used outside it 😞

They don't really own a car in any GTA I have played, it's more snatch and grab kind of thing and you drop it off when you are done with it.