Register Now
killamch89

Do You Think That Video Games Should Have Strict Ratings or Have A Strict Rating System

Just now, Family sedan said:

The world has already lost enough freedom, why do we need to make anything stricter?

Seriously, that's begs the question and I do get that because as far as I'm concerned, there isn't any need to fuss about the rating system at least for now 

15 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

And I like the point about why make it stricter if some parents will ignore the rating system anyway?

Basically, it's down to what the parents choose to do or not do when it comes helping or not helping the rating system be effective. 

1 minute ago, Family sedan said:

Parents could probably do more, but here in the U.S. parents are pretty overworked.

Overworked or that they don't really care about such stuffs in most cases because I believe the latter is the case with most American parents. 

Just now, Family sedan said:

My mom was nothing like that.  I remember she wouldn't let me get the first Boston album because she thought the guitar spaceship on the cover was weird.  I guess she just didn't get the science genius of Tom Sholz.

It's not surprising to me that you know your mom very well because you got to be very close to her. You could have appealed to her to let you. 

14 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

Parents could probably do more, but here in the U.S. parents are pretty overworked.

With all due respect to parents everywhere, I don't think reading the labels on a video game's box before you buy it is asking for much out of even the busiest parent.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

With all due respect to parents everywhere, I don't think reading the labels on a video game's box before you buy it is asking for much out of even the busiest parent.

Seriously, that's exactly my thoughts as well because there's no way what's required of them to do would take so much time that's more than 1 to 2 minutes in most cases. It's pure negligence. 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:30 PM, Family sedan said:

The world has already lost enough freedom, why do we need to make anything stricter?

That sounds more kinda philosophical lines. But with all these rules in place, we are living a peaceful life, though I'm not talking about the unnecessary ones.

But gaming rules must be strict as it targets mainly the kids and the teenagers. It really has a lasting effect on their mind.

Just now, Razor1911 said:

That sounds more kinda philosophical lines. But with all these rules in place, we are living a peaceful life, though I'm not talking about the unnecessary ones.

But gaming rules must be strict as it targets mainly the kids and the teenagers. It really has a lasting effect on their mind.

Yeah, it's a fact that the rules are very important but what's the essence of having rules that the parents aren't helping to enforce? Where does that leave those rules? 

They do, don't they, just that they by pass it 😞 Whilst that makes sense, wouldn't it also be more beneficial to dispel the myth about video game violence and actually solve the problem, rather than have publishers "covering up" and having higher than necessary age ratings?

On 5/21/2021 at 1:27 AM, Patrik said:

yes lol, that's why they even ban games in some countries, because rating wasn't enough to prevent people from playing games they aren't supposed to

Most times, those bans don't even successfully stop gamers from playing it. They still find a way to play it nonetheless.