Register Now
The Blackangel

Games from the "worst" companies that you enjoy

We all know what EA has been doing, and we all know the history behind LJN. But am I the only one that has games from a company like that, that I really love? For example on NES I have T&C Surf Designs, and Friday The 13th. I love both of them. They are fun as hell. I've never managed to really get the hang of the surfing part in T&C, but I still enjoy the hell out of it. On SNES I have Warlock, and it's a blast to play. It seems that everyone is telling EA to fuck off and dropping the good games that they have put out. And LJN was told the same a LONG time ago. So it seems now, that I am the only one who plays games from despised companies, whatever the reason for the hate may be.

I think what you'll actually find is that people don't get mad at certain game companies because they make shitty games. A game developer and/or publisher that offers nothing but crap is like a storm on the horizon. You don't get angry at it, you just avoid it or shelter yourself from it.

The reason why companies like Ubisoft, EA and Activision get so much hate is because them and their dreadful anti-consumer practices are difficult to avoid as they do make good games. It's frustrating for gamers to have to put up with these bastards to play the games they like. You wanna play Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft), Mass Effect (EA) or Call of Duty (Activision)? Well, you're gonna have to step outside into that same storm and get fucking soaked.

Edited by Shagger

I love most of the Need For Speed games from EA - they've been pretty consistent in terms of quality and bug-free for the most part. I also love the Ghost Recon, Rainbow SIx and Watch Dog series from Ubisoft as well. As for Activision, I do play COD from time to time and have been playing the game for over a decade.

To be named "worst company" you also have to be one of  the most popular companies. And you only become popular if you make popular games. That's why I never punched my ticket for the EA / Ubisoft hate  train.

The problem is EA has their nose in just about everything. As another redditor listed they've got Battlefield, Dead Space, Sims, etc. I for one enjoy playing Battlfield and Dead Space but no I don't agree with a lot of stuff EA does or how they treat their over all customer base. That being said I have not been personally wronged by them. Point is people like the games EA has managed to slap their logo on, and people will continue to buy them.

I play at least one Assassin's Creed game everyday. I can't say the same for other titles in Ubisoft, but I haven't had any problems with them. They have gear for sale that is outrageous in price. But that same gear, at least one piece is available for free each week by completing quests. AC Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla have that. Ubisoft has skimpered a bit in Valhalla because you have to do even more quests to earn any free gear each week, and usually over a couple week period you will earn enough to get one piece of gear. I don't see other games offering free gear to earn while playing. Valhalla does take more time to earn that gear which for me takes away from immersion because I have to keep stopping and rush to do a quest in another part of the map I haven't even explored yet. It is optional though. So I say, thank you for offering stuff Ubisoft, and you have some cool stuff, but please make it more available to us so we can focus more on the awesome game. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

The problem is EA has their nose in just about everything. As another redditor listed they've got Battlefield, Dead Space, Sims, etc. I for one enjoy playing Battlfield and Dead Space but no I don't agree with a lot of stuff EA does or how they treat their over all customer base. That being said I have not been personally wronged by them. Point is people like the games EA has managed to slap their logo on, and people will continue to buy them.

I did get wronged by them for Star Wars Battlefront in 2016 and even though I hardly buy any EA games nowadays, I still look forward to the next Need For Speed games. I also like their new game Knockout City which is a dodgeball game with a twist but it's so much fun.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:54 PM, Empire said:

The problem is lack of creativity in what they are doing and it's all as result of getting everything choked up trying to do everything and still end up not getting any perfect. 

If a game is good I don't really care who published or developed it. Nowadays many people don't like EA games or ubisoft for their internal matters. But as long as they are providing good gaming experience, I have no problem with that. 

I think people should overlook what's going inside a company and should focus on gaming only. 😊

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

If a game is good I don't really care who published or developed it. Nowadays many people don't like EA games or ubisoft for their internal matters. But as long as they are providing good gaming experience, I have no problem with that. 

I think people should overlook what's going inside a company and should focus on gaming only. 😊

Well, in a situation where the company is primarily producing games that are shit shows, no one is going to be happy about that after spending money on it. 

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

If a company is mistreating, or flat out abusing its employees in unrealistic expectations of profits, then gamers need to take notice of that. I personally don't give a shit as people mean nothing to me, but the vast majority of the gaming world would take notice and care about it.

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, in a situation where the company is primarily producing games that are shit shows, no one is going to be happy about that after spending money on it. 

So true - It pains me to buy NFS: Heat from them but I did it because it was a good game. However, I'm very skeptical of every EA game released nowadays because of how poor most of the other franchises are.

7 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

If we keep overlooking their practices, then we'd be rewarding bad behavior which is why the gaming industry got to this point in the first place and government regulation seems to be the only way to stop their greedy practices.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true - It pains me to buy NFS: Heat from them but I did it because it was a good game. However, I'm very skeptical of every EA game released nowadays because of how poor most of the other franchises are.

If we keep overlooking their practices, then we'd be rewarding bad behavior which is why the gaming industry got to this point in the first place and government regulation seems to be the only way to stop their greedy practices.

Seriously, this company have disappointed so much that I don't really reason their case any more because it's frustrating.