Register Now
killamch89

Bethesda's Starfield Is "Nowhere Near Done", Dev Team Was Small Until 2019, Planned for 2022 Release

When the Starfield screenshots came out the other day, all kinds of speculation were coming out that Starfield could be released later this year. But now Bethesda has said that the game won't be out until next year. What are your thoughts about this?

I will not, their last major release was in 2015. 6 years ago. I don't consider F76 a major or worthwhile endeavour. That they choose to waste resources on that speaks of bad management reacting to trends instead of trying to do what they are good at. 

Edited by m76

So...

if this is set to release in 2022, could we genuinely see 15+ years between elder scrolls releases, assuming Elder scrolls 6 takes 6 years to make like skyrim? That's actually stunning to me.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:06 AM, m76 said:

I will not, their last major release was in 2015. 6 years ago. I don't consider F76 a major or worthwhile endeavour. That they choose to waste resources on that speaks of bad management reacting to trends instead of trying to do what they are good at. 

You know what funny? I tend to forget that Fallout 76 ever even existed. It's like the black sheep of the family...

On 5/21/2021 at 6:55 AM, Empire said:

So...

if this is set to release in 2022, could we genuinely see 15+ years between elder scrolls releases, assuming Elder scrolls 6 takes 6 years to make like skyrim? That's actually stunning to me.

I don't think Elder Scrolls 6 will be out before 2024 at the very least. They chose to concentrate on every other project they have except making a brand new ES game.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:52 AM, skyfire said:

I will cut them some slack considering the projects around the world are down due to the COVID. So things are not going to be any good from what I have seen so far. 

But they haven't released anything worthwhile in years for us to cut them some slack.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, skyfire said:

Well again that depends .. if they want to do something about it. why stop them. Its not like they are EA or fallout type of the game studios to release microtransaction games for years. 

They did release Fallout 76 which is still operational by the way, Elder Scrolls blades for the mobile is another game riddled with microtransactions and they'd have done more of them if they weren't bought out by Microsoft.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think MS based games too have the micro transactions but not as bad as other games. So have to wait and see how that would work out. 

Microsoft especially nowadays tends not to tolerate a lot of mediocrity on their own platform so Bethesda will definitely have to step their game up.