Register Now
Shagger

The Gaming Mod Thread

I'm completely new to modding. Will I have to return to the last save I created before installing a mod if I install it and then decide I don't like it and remove it? Or will the game magically update my most recent save with the new, unmodified game state, and I'll be able to go about my business?

On 7/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Hasan3434 said:

I'm completely new to modding. Will I have to return to the last save I created before installing a mod if I install it and then decide I don't like it and remove it? Or will the game magically update my most recent save with the new, unmodified game state, and I'll be able to go about my business?

It depends on the game, but the mods themselves and game communities will be able to tell you which you have to do. In my experience most games load up the mods on your latest save file, but it's been known for some to only work on a brand new save because it changes fundamental components of the game.

I'd like to mod RDR2 somehow, but I don't know if it's something Rockstar allows. I know GTA IV and V have modding, but I swear I remember hearing that RDR2 doesn't allow mods. Is this true? I'd love to be able to mod the game, change things, add weapons, locations, etc. I just want to extend the fun factor for the game, as I've been really getting into it as of late. 

Do you guys know if mods are allowed in RDR2? I've seen videos of people modding it, so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Are there risk in modding RDR2? 

I'm told the Battlefield 2 Project Reality mod was amazing, and it appears there's one for BF3, which my mates and I very much enjoy (they particularly like the Hardcore modes when they can find a match). Has anyone played either and could give me their opinions on it? I think I'd like to give it a go but I've got enough games on my plate right now! 😅

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Skyrim Together Reborn looks so promising - it's a shame me and a few of my friends never got it to work this morning but we'll try again over the weekend because it is certainly a groundbreaking mod.

I wish you luck with it. I'd always wanted to play Oblivion co-op back in the day. Should I get one of my friends into Skyrim, this might be an idea to help them ease into it.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:01 AM, Withywarlock said:

I'm told the Battlefield 2 Project Reality mod was amazing, and it appears there's one for BF3, which my mates and I very much enjoy (they particularly like the Hardcore modes when they can find a match). Has anyone played either and could give me their opinions on it? I think I'd like to give it a go but I've got enough games on my plate right now! 😅

I wish you luck with it. I'd always wanted to play Oblivion co-op back in the day. Should I get one of my friends into Skyrim, this might be an idea to help them ease into it.

Honestly, it's kinda laggy and needs lots of setup among other things. We tried a pretty lightly modded setup for our server but the game was still a glitchy mess and is it resource intensive so I think I'll make the creators of this mod do some more work on it before we attempt to use it for a playthrough.

I've been looking into modding RDR2 single player, just to get some more life out of it and have some extra fun. I want to do it once I have 100% the game. I then want to mod it to mess around in the single player world. 

What I want to know is, is it safe to mod the single player mode for RDR2? I know online is a no-no considering that's a ban right there. But I would like to just play on single player. I hear they add map updates and new missions even, so I'm all for that. I think it'd be fun to make little videos too. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've been looking into modding RDR2 single player, just to get some more life out of it and have some extra fun. I want to do it once I have 100% the game. I then want to mod it to mess around in the single player world. 

What I want to know is, is it safe to mod the single player mode for RDR2? I know online is a no-no considering that's a ban right there. But I would like to just play on single player. I hear they add map updates and new missions even, so I'm all for that. I think it'd be fun to make little videos too. 

I haven't tried modding RDR2 single player mode but I came across some video online about a dude who has done it and it's certainly safe though.

I would give a look into it again and if I am able to do it I would share it here.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:25 PM, Kane99 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't know what to tell you but I'm pretty sure there's someone on Youtube/Reddit/Other Social Media platforms who've done it so you should be able to get some pointers from them.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:23 AM, Clasher said:

I haven't tried modding RDR2 single player mode but I came across some video online about a dude who has done it and it's certainly safe though.

I would give a look into it again and if I am able to do it I would share it here.

On 7/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't know what to tell you but I'm pretty sure there's someone on Youtube/Reddit/Other Social Media platforms who've done it so you should be able to get some pointers from them.

I've been watching some videos on YouTube from people who mod the game. They do these videos where they have npcs fighting each other. I wouldn't mind doing that, but I wouldn't know where to even begin. I found a site for mods and I'll try to mess with that some when I finish rdr2s story again. Once I do I'm going to attempt to mod it and mess around. Should be fun. 🙂

On 8/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, Kane99 said:

I've been watching some videos on YouTube from people who mod the game. They do these videos where they have npcs fighting each other. I wouldn't mind doing that, but I wouldn't know where to even begin. I found a site for mods and I'll try to mess with that some when I finish rdr2s story again. Once I do I'm going to attempt to mod it and mess around. Should be fun. 🙂

I completed the RDR2 story twice already so adding some mod to it would heighten the experience and make it fun for the third play through. Lol

I have a buddy who is so good at game tech and all this modding stuff I would go see him by weekend and see what he could do with my RDR2.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

I completed the RDR2 story twice already so adding some mod to it would heighten the experience and make it fun for the third play through. Lol

I have a buddy who is so good at game tech and all this modding stuff I would go see him by weekend and see what he could do with my RDR2.

Some people released a single player story mod for RDR2 single player. I guess it includes new story missions and new locations as well. I don't remember what the mod was called, but it sounded cool enough. I am tempted to download it when I 100% the main game, just to extend the game. Because we all know Rockstar wont. 

Also with the recent news of RDR2 online NPCs and animals dissapearing, and Rockstar being done with RDR2 online, maybe modders can work on the online to restore that too. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Also with the recent news of RDR2 online NPCs and animals dissapearing, and Rockstar being done with RDR2 online, maybe modders can work on the online to restore that too. 

I guess they could make something available to compensate for that malfunction in the online mode.

I would try to get a modded version as well, just to have some kind of a different experience while playing.

Contacted my buddy and we would be meeting by weekend, I just want to get this done as soon as possible.

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

I guess they could make something available to compensate for that malfunction in the online mode.

I would try to get a modded version as well, just to have some kind of a different experience while playing.

Contacted my buddy and we would be meeting by weekend, I just want to get this done as soon as possible.

I hope they do, or allow us to set up our own online servers for the game so we can mod as we wish. That would be even cooler I think. But I doubt Rockstar would do that. 

There's a few mods I want to try, like an improved ragdoll physics, and maybe some character mods. 

On 8/4/2022 at 7:40 PM, Kane99 said:

like an improved ragdoll physics, and maybe some character mods

I know you mentioned somewhere that you are a fan of COD.

I have seen some really cool mods of COD warzone and but I haven't been able to get mine modified.

Have you done modification for your COD?