Register Now
Shagger

The Gaming Mod Thread

Just putting this out there. Anyone who uses Nexus Mods and want to download or re-download any mods or updates from Nexus please note tha in a little over 9 hours from this post Nexus Mods will will shut down for 24 hours for maintenance. Anything you want to download or update from Nexus, I'd recommend you do so now.

On 6/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, Shagger said:

@StaceyPowers. I saw the other post you made concerning mossing the Playstation version of Skyrim. Sadly, modding on the PS4 version is limited compared to PC and even Xbox, but I found this article to help you get started. https://www.thegamer.com/skyrim-best-ps4-mods/

I need to learn that cheat mod to increase my carry weight to 500,000. I'm literally stuck with a hundred pounds over weight and have to walk all the way to the nearest town to sell stuff cause I don't want to drop anything. 1st time I played Skyrim, I quit for this very reason. And I'm here again stuck. I want to keep playing the whole game this time around but I need to learn how I can increase my carry weight. 

Has anyone had experience with PS4 mods for Skyrim? That graphics overhaul mod looks interesting too. I need help!!! What are the steps to mod specifically for Skyrim on ps4? Are the mods already available in the game and just download it? What about mods that aren't already in the game? 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I need to learn that cheat mod to increase my carry weight to 500,000. I'm literally stuck with a hundred pounds over weight and have to walk all the way to the nearest town to sell stuff cause I don't want to drop anything. 1st time I played Skyrim, I quit for this very reason. And I'm here again stuck. I want to keep playing the whole game this time around but I need to learn how I can increase my carry weight. 

Has anyone had experience with PS4 mods for Skyrim? That graphics overhaul mod looks interesting too. I need help!!! What are the steps to mod specifically for Skyrim on ps4? Are the mods already available in the game and just download it? What about mods that aren't already in the game? 

I think I have the answer;

Awesome! I'm happy!!!! It worked, I'm ready to rock and roll now in the game. I got the 100,000 ring of carry weight. I didn't know I was supposed to download the mod. I went to the shop at night time and it was locked, then I got arrested for trying to pick the lock LOL. And the store wasn't showing the ring so I fast forward the day 24 hours like 20 times and still didn't show up. Then I finally figured out I had to download the mod. Oh well, my first time. But I saw tons and tons of mods I can download. I didn't know it was that easy. Now I have to figure out which mods I want. I'm actually excited now. Thanks for the info!!!

On 6/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, Shagger said:

The others are just an illustration of some of the enhanced visuals mods I've installed. They basically replace some of the textures and effects that are in the game with other textures and effects created by other people other than the game dev's. A mixture of Realistic LightingRealistic WaterThis Cites overhaulThis OTHER Cities overhaul3D Trees and PlantsTrees in Cities and a Flora Overhaul. They may be more at work than just those, but those are some of the good ones. I've installed other mods to improve the gameplay and immersion such as Rich Merchants so one doesn't have to wonder to town after town to sell of swag, a First Person Perspective overhaul that has the actions as they are in third person mode display in first person (This mod is great, but it does take some getting used to as by default the primary weapon is on the left with secondary on the right, but while dual wielding as I like to do, the weapons look like they've swapped around) mods that add Better NPC AIBetter Follower AI, more JewelleryWeapons and Armour options to the game.

There's other things like new followers, questlines, character creation mods and alternate face/body textures, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, I think I may have offered enough for now. Like i said previously, please ask if there's something  you want to know

I think the Skyrim SE on ps4 looks amazing so far. I see some cool mods for graphics, weather, flora, trees, mountains, and visual type mods I want to download. So it's worth it to increase the visuals? And it's pretty safe for the save files as long as the mods are compatible? What about the mod of faster leveling up, does that make the game too easy or is that a must get? I'm pretty sure I'll have lots more questions about what mods to get later like those dealing with magic and spells and enemies. There was one I saw where you can have animal companions. I want that one. I'm just worried going overboard with mods will crash the game. I'm definitely looking out for which ones are compatible together though. 

I got a question about Mod organizer or Load Order. Supposedly if you have a lot of mods downloaded and if they aren't in the right order when starting your file save, it could crash the save. You should have the larger file sizes of the mod at the top of the load order and smaller sizes below it. And the organizer mod helps you be able to delete a mod whenever you want safely w/o having to worry about the save crashing. The organizer saves the downloaded mods onto a separate file rather than have it saved on your game save file. Anyone use the mod organizer? I think that would be safe if I wanted to experiment with the different mods. 

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think the Skyrim SE on ps4 looks amazing so far. I see some cool mods for graphics, weather, flora, trees, mountains, and visual type mods I want to download. So it's worth it to increase the visuals? And it's pretty safe for the save files as long as the mods are compatible? What about the mod of faster leveling up, does that make the game too easy or is that a must get? I'm pretty sure I'll have lots more questions about what mods to get later like those dealing with magic and spells and enemies. There was one I saw where you can have animal companions. I want that one. I'm just worried going overboard with mods will crash the game. I'm definitely looking out for which ones are compatible together though. 

Whilst the limitations imposed om modding on the PS4 version of the game are a problem, a positive consequence is that mads on PS4 aren't complex and thus don't tax on the system too much and there isn't much to go wrong. There should be no issue with loading an older save file after installing new mods, but be aware of is that if you load a save file that included a mod you no longer have installed, there can be problems. If it's a mod that adds a certain item (like the increase carry weight ring I brough up earlier), that item will no longer exist. So if you disable or uninstall that increase carry weight ring mod then load a save whare you had it equipped, you'll be stuck in the overnumbered position because the ring is no longer in you inventory. Be especially careful if you install mods that add new buildings or environments in the game becasue if you remove those mods then load a save whare you are in those said environments, the game probably won't load properly.

I have used faster levelling mods before and they are what they are. It's a personal choice whether or not to use them as you might feel you level up too slowly in the vanilla game, but I from experience this can be a double edged sword. Some skills can get, lets say, "left behind" very easily and you might fnd some parts of the game a stuggle because of it.

27 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I got a question about Mod organizer or Load Order. Supposedly if you have a lot of mods downloaded and if they aren't in the right order when starting your file save, it could crash the save. You should have the larger file sizes of the mod at the top of the load order and smaller sizes below it. And the organizer mod helps you be able to delete a mod whenever you want safely w/o having to worry about the save crashing. The organizer saves the downloaded mods onto a separate file rather than have it saved on your game save file. Anyone use the mod organizer? I think that would be safe if I wanted to experiment with the different mods. 

I have no experience of mod organizers on console, but on PC load order isn't really about loading the bigger mods first, it's more about what mods take priority. For example, if you installed a mod that alters the colour of the game's leather armour, but also a separate mod that changes the texture of the leather armour, you may have to load the two mods in a specific order for them to work in tandem. Again, I'm speaking from experience on PC, but I think it will be the same on console, priority mods get loaded after lower priority ones and will appear nearer the bottom of the list, not the top. Mod managers are generally pretty good at helping you load your mods in the correct order, so trust what the organiser is suggesting to you and you should be fine. Most modders will state in the description whether a mod should be placed before or after other mods in the load order, so read the descriptions fully every time to check.

Edited by Shagger

I’ve experimented a bit with weather mods, For those that don’t know, weather mods you can download and it changes colors on your scenery and some mods add fog, nighttime scenery, sharpness, sky colors, etc. To me the mods all look beautiful but it really is hard to decide. And once you download a weather mod you are stuck with it for the entire game in that save file. I don’t know if the ps4 is vulnerable to the hysteria of saves crashing due to changing your weather mod or not. Best to not risk it. Why go through 50% of the game after you changed a weather mod and risk it crashing on you. Fuck that. 
Specifically speaking of ps4 Skyrim SE, I am perfectly happy and amazed by the original colors and scenery. I’ve tried out almost every weather mod available for the SE edition. I’ve come back to the original intent of the remaster and it’s gorgeous. The Obsidian at times brings too much fog; The Surreal brings too much enhanced colors; Dolomite makes night time way too dark; Rustic I was debating on keeping, but once I took off all mods and compared to the original intent of the SE edition, I’m convinced not to have any weather mods. 
I really like the SE settings. You get beautiful nights, beautiful days, and a feel that it’s magical w/o forcing it. That’s my personal taste. You should make save files to experiment too, but remember there is risk if you change your mind later and try something else. 
I’ve even tried mods to add more trees and grass. I haven’t come to a conclusion on that. I am leaving those mods out too for now. 
The mods I am currently using are, add extra carry weight to 100,000; merchants get extra money to sell your goods; ring to change character look whenever I want; extra blood effects; snow and water effects on character; better AI for movement of character and enemies; hold extra rings on finger and that’s it. Later once I gain experience I’ll decide what other things to include. 
Skyrim is beautiful and now I see why people love it. My personal opinion is respect the original Special Edition scenery settings. Just enjoy it that way. 

On 4/4/2023 at 12:01 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I’ve experimented a bit with weather mods, For those that don’t know, weather mods you can download and it changes colors on your scenery and some mods add fog, nighttime scenery, sharpness, sky colors, etc. To me the mods all look beautiful but it really is hard to decide. And once you download a weather mod you are stuck with it for the entire game in that save file. I don’t know if the ps4 is vulnerable to the hysteria of saves crashing due to changing your weather mod or not. Best to not risk it. Why go through 50% of the game after you changed a weather mod and risk it crashing on you. Fuck that. 
Specifically speaking of ps4 Skyrim SE, I am perfectly happy and amazed by the original colors and scenery. I’ve tried out almost every weather mod available for the SE edition. I’ve come back to the original intent of the remaster and it’s gorgeous. The Obsidian at times brings too much fog; The Surreal brings too much enhanced colors; Dolomite makes night time way too dark; Rustic I was debating on keeping, but once I took off all mods and compared to the original intent of the SE edition, I’m convinced not to have any weather mods. 
I really like the SE settings. You get beautiful nights, beautiful days, and a feel that it’s magical w/o forcing it. That’s my personal taste. You should make save files to experiment too, but remember there is risk if you change your mind later and try something else. 
I’ve even tried mods to add more trees and grass. I haven’t come to a conclusion on that. I am leaving those mods out too for now. 
The mods I am currently using are, add extra carry weight to 100,000; merchants get extra money to sell your goods; ring to change character look whenever I want; extra blood effects; snow and water effects on character; better AI for movement of character and enemies; hold extra rings on finger and that’s it. Later once I gain experience I’ll decide what other things to include. 
Skyrim is beautiful and now I see why people love it. My personal opinion is respect the original Special Edition scenery settings. Just enjoy it that way. 

Skyrim modding on PS4/PS5 will provide a very limited experience due to Sony's policies. At least, that's what I've learnt from fellow modders on Reddit. I'd suggest watching some YouTube videos to get a better understanding of it.