Register Now
skyfire

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition

5 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, that's the main reason why they are targeting those age group. But larger studios like Ubisoft or Activision normally creates games for all genres, typically 13+ most of the times.

Yeah, it's EA and Ubisoft all about the money? They would go to any length to get them those bills. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nothing is too underhanded for them - they even tried to put ads in their games and will try again in the future.

Ads? They had shown ads in the game? I have never heard about that. Lol 😆 That is the most extreme thing that I have heard from a gaming studio like Ubisoft and EA. 😆

Edited by Razor1911

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nothing is too underhanded for them - they even tried to put ads in their games and will try again in the future.

Seriously, the ads placements really got at me and I was like what in the world is wrong with these people? 

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Ads? They had shown ads in the game? I have never heard about that. Lol 😆 That is the most extreme thing that I have heard from a gaming studio like Ubisoft and EA.

Ads appear in almost every free game. I am not sure if the paid games too forces it.

2 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Ads appear in almost every free game. I am not sure if the paid games too forces it.

When the game is free, it's justified that they need to make money from the game one way or another which the use of ads comes into picture. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am specifically talking about EA and Ubisoft. Is there any free games available from their studios. Normally I play only AAA games. And those games I had buy with cash, so that's why these games don't show any ads, I think. 

47 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I am specifically talking about EA and Ubisoft. Is there any free games available from their studios. Normally I play only AAA games. And those games I had buy with cash, so that's why these games don't show any ads, I think. 

There are quite few free EA games that I can name that are available on PS4. They are ; Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, Rocket Arena, and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. 

19 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Ads? They had shown ads in the game? I have never heard about that. Lol 😆 That is the most extreme thing that I have heard from a gaming studio like Ubisoft and EA. 😆

In one of their UFC games in recent years, they did put ads in it but quickly removed it after the backlash they got.

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the ads placements really got at me and I was like what in the world is wrong with these people? 

It's sickening that the game cost $60 and they still try to squeeze ads in.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

In this scenario, it's a $60 game I'm talking about.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In one of their UFC games in recent years, they did put ads in it but quickly removed it after the backlash they got.

Yeah, the backlash was obvious. Why would we then pay them 60bucks? For watching ads? 

Anyway, I personally hadn't faced such issue. I haven't played that UFC, I guess they had quickly corrected their mistakes after that. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it totally sucks for then to do that but they don't really care about you or other people but their pockets alone. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it totally sucks for then to do that but they don't really care about you or other people but their pockets alone. 

But the good thing is that they instantly back stepped and disabled those ads. And hopefully after that haven't out ads in most of their AAA games. Ads in F2P games are still reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

But the good thing is that they instantly back stepped and disabled those ads. And hopefully after that haven't out ads in most of their AAA games. Ads in F2P games are still reasonable. 

If those ads are used in such a way that is not going to be a challenge for gamers I don't see any reason why it should be a challenge but they do over use it. 

19 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, the backlash was obvious. Why would we then pay them 60bucks? For watching ads? 

Anyway, I personally hadn't faced such issue. I haven't played that UFC, I guess they had quickly corrected their mistakes after that. 

I didn't buy any of their UFC games either and I'm glad I didn't because they're trash.

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

If those ads are used in such a way that is not going to be a challenge for gamers I don't see any reason why it should be a challenge but they do over use it. 

Oh come on. If I am buying a game worth 60bucks, and then I have to watch ads, let it be a single ad, then that is just a waste of my 60bucks. 

Yeah, if you are talking about F2P games, I won't argue with that. Because, afterall those games are free.