Register Now
skyfire

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition

On 8/20/2021 at 5:56 AM, Heatman said:

If those ads are used in such a way that is not going to be a challenge for gamers I don't see any reason why it should be a challenge but they do over use it. 

Buying a game for $60 and then seeing ads with it is the ultimate f-you to us as players. It's totally understandable with Free to play games that need the ad revenue to sustain their game but do EA really need it?

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Buying a game for $60 and then seeing ads with it is the ultimate f-you to us as players. It's totally understandable with Free to play games that need the ad revenue to sustain their game but do EA really need it?

I don't have any reason they don't need it. I mean they would also ask for more profits. That is still reasonable, atleast for my case to put ads on F2P games. But that is also debatable. 

On 8/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, Razor1911 said:

Oh come on. If I am buying a game worth 60bucks, and then I have to watch ads, let it be a single ad, then that is just a waste of my 60bucks. 

Yeah, if you are talking about F2P games, I won't argue with that. Because, afterall those games are free.

I actually understand what you are trying to say in terms of the cost of the game being enough to cover for the ad money 💵

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I actually understand what you are trying to say in terms of the cost of the game being enough to cover for the ad money 💵

Exactly. 60 dollars might be small amount for someone residing in tier1 countries. But , for me that is a huge bunch of money. My whole monthly salary will sum up to $600. So that's a 10% of my salary. Obviously, I will try to find the best deal with that money. 😊

24 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Exactly. 60 dollars might be small amount for someone residing in tier1 countries. But , for me that is a huge bunch of money. My whole monthly salary will sum up to $600. So that's a 10% of my salary. Obviously, I will try to find the best deal with that money. 😊

Exactly, money worth differs from one country to another. Which is why some people would find it easy to pay such while others find it very difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, money worth differs from one country to another. Which is why some people would find it easy to pay such while others find it very difficult. 

Yeah, Normally when I buy games from local markets it cost me around $40 per game, and used games are even cheaper. Whereas, buying online is very expensive for me, as I have to pay the full $60. 😏

5 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, Normally when I buy games from local markets it cost me around $40 per game, and used games are even cheaper. Whereas, buying online is very expensive for me, as I have to pay the full $60. 😏

Yeah, it's definitely the same way with all online games these companies sell. I hope you can it in the local store. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think I wish we could have crypto stores as they can be pretty good option while buying online. 

You mean like online video game stores that would accept cryptocurrency transactions for payment? 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes sort of and those stores being able to ship both physical and digital worldwide while say accepting BCH or TRon or any other crypto so that border parity comes into play. 

Joltfun is one company that offers such services of accepting cryptocurrencies for games transactions. They offer games from platform like Origin, PlayStation, Steam, uPlay etc. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:11 PM, skyfire said:

Yes sort of and those stores being able to ship both physical and digital worldwide while say accepting BCH or TRon or any other crypto so that border parity comes into play. 

You can try joltfun. You can easily convert your BCH into BTC and then can buy from their store. As far as I know, they accept only Bitcoin as cryptocurrency. 

18 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

You can try joltfun. You can easily convert your BCH into BTC and then can buy from their store. As far as I know, they accept only Bitcoin as cryptocurrency. 

Yeah, Joltfun is a very good example where the use of all kinds of cryptocurrencies are allowed and they have decent reviews for their services. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There's Joltfun, Steam accepts bitcoin and CDkeys accepts crypto as well...

I haven't really heard about CDkeys till now but I'm well aware of Steam acceptance of cryptocurrencies. How good is CDkeys offers?