Register Now
skyfire

Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Most games where you get to explore seems to have good rating especially when it's teens related like Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition. 

To be frank, the ratings really don't matter for me anymore. Though it helps to understand how the gaming community is reacting to the games, but you can't be too sure if that manipulated or not. It's better to watch the gameplay and walkthroughs to understand better. 

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

To be frank, the ratings really don't matter for me anymore. Though it helps to understand how the gaming community is reacting to the games, but you can't be too sure if that manipulated or not. It's better to watch the gameplay and walkthroughs to understand better. 

For teens games, I'm not sure if it's going to be manipulated like when it's compared to adults games. If it's manipulated, playing it once would make it clear. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

For teens games, I'm not sure if it's going to be manipulated like when it's compared to adults games. If it's manipulated, playing it once would make it clear. 

And for that one time playing, you will need to buy the game, right? That's why I told you that we should search for video reviews, walkthroughs and gameplay of that game. These all will help us to get an idea.

1 minute ago, Razor1911 said:

And for that one time playing, you will need to buy the game, right? That's why I told you that we should search for video reviews, walkthroughs and gameplay of that game. These all will help us to get an idea.

As far for reviews, that can also be manipulated as well. But I do think that walkthroughs and gameplay of that game would be a perfect way to determine if it's worth it. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

As far for reviews, that can also be manipulated as well. But I do think that walkthroughs and gameplay of that game would be a perfect way to determine if it's worth it. 

It's better to watch reviews/gameplay/walkthroughs from different sources. That will all help to get a clear idea about the game.

Ultimately, we are the ones who will play the game. So before buying, it is important to check for any possibility of drawback in the game 

3 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

It's better to watch reviews/gameplay/walkthroughs from different sources. That will all help to get a clear idea about the game.

Ultimately, we are the ones who will play the game. So before buying, it is important to check for any possibility of drawback in the game 

Yeah - I actually very much agree with you on this one about painstakingly getting more information from those reviews/gameplay/walkthroughs through different sources in order not to be mislead. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I actually very much agree with you on this one about painstakingly getting more information from those reviews/gameplay/walkthroughs through different sources in order not to be mislead. 

And most importantly, we should not get carried away with the trailer. I have seen many games have some fantastic trailer, you will be intrigued to play that one. Only to find that the actual gameplay is very pathetic and doesn't represent what shown in trailer. 😆

On 9/7/2021 at 12:07 PM, Razor1911 said:

The rest companies which are still in making good games, will eventually turn into the same. That's a cyclic process and it will happen for every company once they get enough fanbase. 

It's always what happens in the end and then some either change their ways or follow EA down the same hopeless path into ruin.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:50 AM, Razor1911 said:

And most importantly, we should not get carried away with the trailer. I have seen many games have some fantastic trailer, you will be intrigued to play that one. Only to find that the actual gameplay is very pathetic and doesn't represent what shown in trailer. 😆

Yeah - even in movies, some trailers are misleading and misinforming with the way it's done. I have seen so many of them and it's not going to stop. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - even in movies, some trailers are misleading and misinforming with the way it's done. I have seen so many of them and it's not going to stop. 

That is why we should carefully examine those trailers. Best way to check out is to go for the walkthroughs. That way you can easily get to know about the game specifications and gameplay. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That is why we should carefully examine those trailers. Best way to check out is to go for the walkthroughs. That way you can easily get to know about the game specifications and gameplay. 

Yeah - if you happen to see a good playthrough, it might be a good eye opener for you, although you may have to deal with having spoilers. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah watching the gameplay and also the commentary based gameplay opens up pretty much everything in the game.

Exactly - And in having that readily made available makes it very easy to grasp the game and play well.