Register Now
killamch89

It's Time We Had This Talk About Some Of Nintendo's Practices

In the latest Nintendo move, they paywalled fast travel in the Zelda Skyward Sword behind $25 amiibo. I for one, am wondering why is it that if EA and others do this, the backlash is very extreme but when Nintendo does the same thing, most people are so quiet about it. This is a very sickening practice and it must stop. What are your thoughts?

I find it disgusting when Nintendo locks game content behind pay walls when I bought the software, if I bought the game I should have the right to all of its features, like breath of the wilds amiibo items being locked was dumb af. Compare this one Zelda game to the Crash and Spyro reMAKES, that are currently being bundled together for $30 on the PSN. Is one upscaled 10 year old game worth twice the price of 6 fully remade games?

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

As much as I hate to say it, Nintendo sucks. They have been in a steady decline since N64 in both terms of game quality, and business practice. I used to be a die hard Nintendo fan. But since the Game Cube, they have just been playing five finger filet with a broadsword. It's just sad.

I agree that they've just become pretty carefree in terms of what their audience thinks and just does what they want. It's due to the fact that they have a lot of long-time fans that they know they can get away with stuff like this.