Register Now
Patrik

Anyone played Kane & Lynch before?

I played the first one and thought it was pretty average. They defiantly tried with the story and writing, and it had it's moments, but the characters weren't very memorable or unique and the gameplay wasn't interesting. The release of the second one was marred by a poor launch and the now infamous GameStop Controversy leaving a wound the franchise would never recover from from.

Edited by Shagger

On 5/27/2021 at 3:37 AM, killamch89 said:

I vaguely remember it but from what I could remember, it was a bang average game. This was probably the developer's worst game because they also created the Hitman series as well as Freedom Fighters which was a hit on PS2 so this was a massive letdown.

yep, they all came from EIDOS/Square ENIX

Just now, Empire said:

Never even heard of the game till today and so what's this game like, make me want to read and play it 😛 

i started the first one long ago but didn't have the chance to complete it till i got it in pc recently, the gameplay is like hitman blood money (in terms of shooting mechanics and graphics), will let you know more about it once i advance on it 😛

On 5/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, Patrik said:

The game has 2 chapters, one called dead men and the second called Dog days, the game generally seem to be having negative reviews but i enjoy it so far, did anyone play it before?

I played the first one and to be very honest with you, it's not really that interesting as it's just average storyline. The 2nd one is nothing to write home about. 

I remember renting the game several times because I was stuck on the monster truck boss early in the game. The nice lady at Blockbuster was kind enough to tell me how to beat it only after I was returning it! But I had a good time with it, not so much when trying to replay it. Its main selling point was it was a heist game before Payday 2 came along and did it properly, which was a fairly big deal at the time.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, killamch89 said:

I vaguely remember it but from what I could remember, it was a bang average game. This was probably the developer's worst game because they also created the Hitman series as well as Freedom Fighters which was a hit on PS2 so this was a massive letdown.

Seriously, when games are not up to the standard it's required, there is always a possibility that you would forget it easily and it's what happened with the game. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, when games are not up to the standard it's required, there is always a possibility that you would forget it easily and it's what happened with the game. 

That's not really the case - it's just that I have played so many games over the course of my life that I'm not going to momentarily remember every game in detail. There are plenty of games I remember playing at one point in time and beating but other than some important scenes, I hardly remember anything past that.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:50 PM, killamch89 said:

That's not really the case - it's just that I have played so many games over the course of my life that I'm not going to momentarily remember every game in detail. There are plenty of games I remember playing at one point in time and beating but other than some important scenes, I hardly remember anything past that.

From my experience with most games that I have played, the ones that had good impression on me stays with me forever.