Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you want game series to innovate, or deliver a classic, reliable experience?

I myself do tend to like some innovation because I always like something new added to the experience. However, I prefer the game to not go overboard and actually stray from the original premise of that series so I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle. I like it to be consistent but constantly adding brand new things to keep the experience fresh.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Given that the only "innovations" games companies are apparently capable of implementing these days are new and ingenious ways you empty your wallet, I'll go for the classic, reliable experience.

That's a pretty valid point actually - They always do put far more effort into milking you than actually delivering a quality experience.

16 hours ago, Shagger said:

Given that the only "innovations" games companies are apparently capable of implementing these days are new and ingenious ways you empty your wallet, I'll go for the classic, reliable experience.

All too often it seems like we're all lined up with a milking machine in our bank account, and a big fat dick up our ass.

Make no mistake, gaming companies are both fucking us and robbing us far too often.

As a side note, I am NOT into anal.

Edited by The Blackangel

They need to innovate. Every new game should be better than the last. Keep what is good and make it better. What's so hard about that? One of the best examples of innovation I can think of is the jump from Assassin's Creed Syndicate to Origins. That is the definition of great innovation; the fighting style, graphics, gear, eagle, gameplay, and a ton of other things. When they try too hard to innovate just to innovate, then things get messy because there is less direction and purpose as they have lost perspective. But when there is purpose, that is when innovation is the best. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

They need to innovate. Every new game should be better than the last. Keep what is good and make it better. What's so hard about that? One of the best examples of innovation I can think of is the jump from Assassin's Creed Syndicate to Origins. That is the definition of great innovation; the fighting style, graphics, gear, eagle, gameplay, and a ton of other things. When they try too hard to innovate just to innovate, then things get messy because there is less direction and purpose as they have lost perspective. But when there is purpose, that is when innovation is the best. 

There is no argument on the fact that innovation is really very important right now with games but the issue is that these developers don't really care about it but only the money they are after. 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:23 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you want to see massive innovations from one installment to the next in a series, or do you prefer a more consistent experience (or somewhere in between)?

Innovation is good only when the developer publishes a brand new franchise. But when a game is released and people already praising the game, at that time doing massive innovation or changes in the gameplay, may hurt the sentiment of the gamers.

why not to launch a brand new game if they have some new innovative ideas. So I will go with a consistent gaming experience.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, The Blackangel said:

All too often it seems like we're all lined up with a milking machine in our bank account, and a big fat dick up our ass.

Make no mistake, gaming companies are both fucking us and robbing us far too often.

As a side note, I am NOT into anal.

One of biggest companies that are considered criminal cash suckers is Nordeus. I have never seen a company that loves money more than them.