Register Now
Patrik

Must have Softwares Thread

3 minutes ago, Patrik said:

well, i'm not (i guess) eh?

the reason why i mentioned MSI Afterburner instead is that it's more popular and people had less issues to encounter with it compared to Asus tweak (you can even read that everywhere when it comes to comparisons)... but remember that i was talking about it being a benchmarking tool and nothing else (i literally never mentioned anything about it being used as an overclocking tool or anything like that), moderating your GPU is a whole other story and has nothing to do with benchmarks that i'm talking about here...

Personally, if I wanted to benchmark GPU performance I would use an independent tool like Cinebench or 3D Mark.  But even these aren't entirely reflective of how a GPU performs in specific games.  There are other external factors that have an effect like game engine, API, optimization and so on.

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

well, i'm not (i guess) eh?

the reason why i mentioned MSI Afterburner instead is that it's more popular and people had less issues to encounter with it compared to Asus tweak (you can even read that everywhere when it comes to comparisons)... but remember that i was talking about it being a benchmarking tool and nothing else (i literally never mentioned anything about it being used as an overclocking tool or anything like that), moderating your GPU is a whole other story and has nothing to do with benchmarks that i'm talking about here...

First off, you are berating people;

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

LMAO, i bet you are lacking experience, i'm once telling you again that it works no matter what the GPU is, even with older brands like Inno3D  etc... i'm not gonna reply to your "lack of knowledge" once again because it makes no sense.

And second, for what feels like the millionth time, all GPU brand software can be used a benchmarking tool, that's the core of what this software is supposed to do. Using benchmark software that fits the brand of the specific brand of card you're using offers more options and better compatibility, that what both me and @Crazycrab have been trying, completely in vain it seems, to explain. There's nothing at all wrong with Afterburner, it's just worth considering using the software that is indigenous to your hardware, that's all we're trying to say.

Edited by Shagger

22 hours ago, Patrik said:

thanks for including it ! the guy above thought i'm misleading people lol

If you do not OC right then, well pooped. However it's hard as some games do not like OC GPU. 

this is optional, because if you are planning to stream, you'd surely have some modern GPU that supports either Nvidia Shadowplay or AMD Relive, which both have streaming/recording options ready

Well, OBS is always open when my gaming rig is on. Other then being off I'm on another PC 🙂 

for free games :classic_cool:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:57 AM, skyfire said:

I had JV16 cleaner in the past but now it is a paid product and also CCleaner does the same job with free usage. 

Yep - CCleaner is the superior product and I've been using it for close to ten years now and it's still one of my must haves software for a desktop.