• Old stone building with sculptures, arches and shit? Check
  • Playing as someone who is near death? Check
  • Very white shin with very dark hair? Check
  • Industrial Punk/Metal Soundtrack? Check
  • Gargoyle for a friend? Check

Yep, this is about as goth as it gets.

Edited by Shagger

Hmmmm

• 1. Dota 2 (yee old life-devouring pal)
  • 2. Gothic ( 2>1>3)
  • 3. Witcher (3+dlc>1>2)
  • 4. Life is strange
  • 5. Cannot decide between: Fallout4, Darkest Dungeon, Splinter Cell

Outside Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 there is really no cRPG that would really interest me. I liked Witcher 1 and Risen 1, but I don't feel like replaying these games.

Hands down, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It couldn't have happened at a better time, during that awkward sub-cultural transition between the late 90s and the early 00s. Neo-gothic rock, architecture, and clothing abound, the pretention and angst in Vampire's L.A make for a great hiding place for the Kindred for both the Camarilla and the Anarchs. Even the Sabbat might get away with their usual antics by turning the City of Angels into a gigantic moshpit with their Gangrel, and the extreme body horror as just another type of modification sought out by the rich and vain.

That's of course provided you're talking about goths as in the black clothing and makeup, and not the ancient Goths and Visigoths.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, Shagger said:

Lets do a checklist;

• Demons? Check
  • Old stone building with sculptures, arches and shit? Check
  • Playing as someone who is near death? Check
  • Very white shin with very dark hair? Check
  • Industrial Punk/Metal Soundtrack? Check
  • Gargoyle for a friend? Check

Yep, this is about as goth as it gets.

Was just about to mention this game - this is the perfect description of a Goth game.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, The Blackangel said:

Some of the Devil May Cry games could fit this model as well.

You have a very valid point there.

13 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Hands down, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It couldn't have happened at a better time, during that awkward sub-cultural transition between the late 90s and the early 00s. Neo-gothic rock, architecture, and clothing abound, the pretention and angst in Vampire's L.A make for a great hiding place for the Kindred for both the Camarilla and the Anarchs. Even the Sabbat might get away with their usual antics by turning the City of Angels into a gigantic moshpit with their Gangrel, and the extreme body horror as just another type of modification sought out by the rich and vain.

That's of course provided you're talking about goths as in the black clothing and makeup, and not the ancient Goths and Visigoths.

Good choice - I could also say Castlevania games can be consider Goth games as well.

The majority of pics in the video I got from a google search. The rest are pics that I took myself at some abandoned and forgotten cemeteries around here. One of which, I'm the only one who even knows about it anymore. The landlord didn't even know about it when I asked to go back on his land to take the pics. He went with me and was, to put it mildly, shocked that there was sacred ground on his land. Most of the headstones in the cemetery were limestone from the civil war era, and most were broken or fallen over. The most recent, and only marble stone in the cemetery, had the year of death on it in 1927. Whenever possible I like to go back there. I think about it a lot. I'm sure they never wanted to be forgotten by time, and I like to show respect to the dead. Unless they never deserved it for any reason whatsoever. I think that as long as one person knows where they are, and remembers them, that that is what matters. I also believe that it helps them rest a little easier to be remembered. Even if the person remembering you has no idea who you are/were.

I have no respect for the living unless it's earned, and with me that's next to impossible. But I show respect to the dead.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:12 AM, Family sedan said:

Now I know, thanks.  My avatar is NASCAR Racing 2.  The game I spent six years playing until I grinded up my joystick around '02.

Mine is the avengers Infinity wars with Tony Stark, Captain America and Thor. I do really love that game so much, even the movie as well. 

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

That's cool.  I like the Black Panther movie.

They have a new one lined up to be produced in 2022 I think, I can't really remember the exact date. I think I'm going to look for it's game if it's available. What do you think?