Register Now
StaceyPowers

In what ways do you wish life were more like video games?

6 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I sometimes like to joke about this in real life:  If only life were like a video game, where a ragtag group of heroes could go on an adventure, infiltrate North Korea, overthrow the leadership there and liberate the people, bringing about peace and prosperity.

And it actually works out perfectly and everyone lives happily ever after, I'd rather that. Also, I wish there was a pause button for life just so that I could get time to think about certain things in a situation. Hell, I'd even welcome bullet time.

55 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

And it actually works out perfectly and everyone lives happily ever after, I'd rather that. Also, I wish there was a pause button for life just so that I could get time to think about certain things in a situation. Hell, I'd even welcome bullet time.

Even better would be having a reset button and save points so that we could go back and redo things differently.  Or even redo things the same way just to experience it again and again.

Wouldn't having a reset button be the same as time travel? It would be cool to go through life and finish it, and just like in games we can go back to whatever chapter we want to play or relive. And if we could reach all achievements in the game or in life, then it will be saved. We can change the stats, story endings, get wealth, whatever. But we have to go through life first to fully experience it whether good or bad. Then go back to change what we want once we reach the afterlife. That way we can know the full experience of things. Cause you never know if a mistake or some tragic moment didn't change your life for the better, or change it in some way where you never would have met your spouse, or become a war hero. Who knows what the outcome would be if we stopped and reset every moment we didn't like. Who knows what people you never would have met, what pets you never would have had, what relationships that never would have happened. So to go through a full life first would be interesting. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Wouldn't having a reset button be the same as time travel? It would be cool to go through life and finish it, and just like in games we can go back to whatever chapter we want to play or relive. And if we could reach all achievements in the game or in life, then it will be saved. We can change the stats, story endings, get wealth, whatever. But we have to go through life first to fully experience it whether good or bad. Then go back to change what we want once we reach the afterlife. That way we can know the full experience of things. Cause you never know if a mistake or some tragic moment didn't change your life for the better, or change it in some way where you never would have met your spouse, or become a war hero. Who knows what the outcome would be if we stopped and reset every moment we didn't like. Who knows what people you never would have met, what pets you never would have had, what relationships that never would have happened. So to go through a full life first would be interesting. 

Life just can never go back