Register Now
killamch89

Do you like documentaries? Why / why not?

For me, it depends - when a documentary is made after meticulous research and is well presented, I'll gladly watch it. But if it's something like the Michael Jackson documentary that's based on lies and trying to tarnish someone's name without credible evidence, then I won't watch it. Do you like documentaries?

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I love documentaries. Like you said, if it's based on fact, then it's worth watching. If it's based on speculation, and they say that it's speculation, then I'll give it a look. If it's just a lot of bullshit, then I'll pass.

Same here - I don't like when they do documentaries that are based on speculation and try to present it as facts such as the case with the surviving Neverland documentary. If the FBI who have been investigating Michael Jackson for years don't have any evidence that he's a child molester and even the ones who were "molested" kept constantly changing their stories, why would you go through with a documentary on that? Why not do one on Epstein and Weinstein who are known molesters?

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Why not do one on Epstein and Weinstein who are known molesters?

It’s not politically correct to focus on them because they are/were rich white men. Also Adolf abused his position to block a lot of the investigations into Epstein, even after the sick fuck did the world a favor and killed himself. Weinstein has some of the most powerful lawyers money can buy, so that’s what has kept him out of the documentary crosshairs.

Depends on the documentary and what it is about. I don't go out of my way to watch any but if the topic of one catches my interest then I will watch it. I enjoy some from the Discovery channel, and also some from the Tech. I enjoy those documentaries about History and WWii.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Depends on the documentary and what it is about. I don't go out of my way to watch any but if the topic of one catches my interest then I will watch it. I enjoy some from the Discovery channel, and also some from the Tech. I enjoy those documentaries about History and WWii.

Same here - I tend to watch documentaries with well-documented facts and research. The ones about insects like ants and bees I particularly like because you get to see how their society functions.

29 minutes ago, ZandraJoi said:

I love watching documentaries. The ones I watch the most are nature & animal ones. I like the ones that David Attenborough narrates as I feel he has a great, down to earth voice. 

The animal ones are always interesting - there was one on the Amazon rainforest and I absolutely always look it up when I get the chance. It was extremely informative, enlightening and at the same time, scary as hell.

Personally I think documentaries are boring as hell.  This makes sense if you understand my personality and interests; documentaries are less about entertaining, and more about informing.  When I watch a movie, I want to be entertained, usually with a good story and interesting characters.  I have an affinity for the arts in general.  I always prefer fiction over nonfiction.  That's not to say that I won't enjoy something that's based on a true story, but... I think you get the idea.

Edited by Steerminator