Register Now
killamch89

Do you like reality TV shows? Why or why not? If so, which ones?

Most reality TV shows suck and the reason they suck is because they aren't real in the first place. The participants are paid to act out scenes, there paid actors involved that you can find some of them with a simple Google search and almost all of them are about BS. What's your opinion on reality shows?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The only real thing about reality TV that is good is when a reality show dies.

I can't really disagree with that although I have to admit a few of them had some pretty hilarious moments like Celebrity Fight Club.

I don't care to watch them. I've seen some behind the scenes & they make them only for drama not real life. They retake some scenes to add more emphasis on something. I used to love watching House Hunters. Then I found out that the people already found their homes & the homes were i.e. a friend's or somebody else's that they shot that looked good for the show. 

25 minutes ago, ZandraJoi said:

I don't care to watch them. I've seen some behind the scenes & they make them only for drama not real life. They retake some scenes to add more emphasis on something. I used to love watching House Hunters. Then I found out that the people already found their homes & the homes were i.e. a friend's or somebody else's that they shot that looked good for the show. 

Yep - I used to loved Punk'd with Ashton Kutcher until I found out the scenarios were all fake.

The worst is that now documentaries are recorded in the style of reality shows as well. Adding idiotic fake drama to it like every day on a particular job is a life or death fight. I freaking hate it.

I used to like American Idol and Talent shows years ago, but I realized the ones with the best talent never win. They always chose the more popular choice that would sell records over actual best talent. They would let them come in second or third and make money off them on the side. But that trend kept getting too familiar so I think it's rigged towards the end. 

Personally, I stay away from “reality” TV, to me, there’s nothing enjoyable about it. It’s about how much people can lie, cheat, steal, and make a fool of themselves to win. ALso I like truie to life and more action stuff 😛 Also I’d much rather find programs that involve true teamwork, family, friends, community. 

On 6/26/2021 at 5:39 AM, Empire said:

Personally, I stay away from “reality” TV, to me, there’s nothing enjoyable about it. It’s about how much people can lie, cheat, steal, and make a fool of themselves to win. ALso I like truie to life and more action stuff 😛 Also I’d much rather find programs that involve true teamwork, family, friends, community. 

You're not going to find much of that on TV because it doesn't sell. However, what you will find lots of is disloyalty, drama, cheating partners and lots of violence because that's what entertains most humans nowadays.

I like reality fixer upper type shows for Home Improvement. But in terms of entertainment reality shows I like watching the US's Big Brother. A new season started last week and although I haven't seen every season, this one looks pretty good so far. What I like about this one is that you never know who will win until the end and it's fun to guess.