Register Now
killamch89

Asus G15 - All AMD Edition With A 6800M and it's as good as the RTX 3070

At computex, AMD has just made a whole host of announcements and one of them was the 6800M which Dave2D puts through the ringer and it performs as good as a mobile RTX 3070 and is even comparable to the RTX 3080 mobile variant for a far cheaper price. What do you guys think of this?

14 hours ago, Empire said:

After the LTT one I wasn't convinced they'd compete well. Looking at more comprehensive benchmarks it looks really good.

I was really surprised by its performance considering the performance of previous AMD mobile GPUs. This is a drastic jump on the ones from last year - AMD has really brought the heat in the past couple of years and I enjoy the competition.

6 hours ago, Patrik said:

didn't actually know that the 6000 series will be on laptops as well 😮

Well, they do release a laptop variant in recent years but its normally a discrete GPU/budget GPU kind of thing. This is the first time we've seen someone bring competition to the mobile GPU space and I'm loving it.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well, they do release a laptop variant in recent years but its normally a discrete GPU/budget GPU kind of thing. This is the first time we've seen someone bring competition to the mobile GPU space and I'm loving it.

that's pretty decent to be honest, for the price per performance that they are offering, Nvidia has to react real fast or else they are losing the market again

On 6/4/2021 at 6:32 AM, Patrik said:

that's pretty decent to be honest, for the price per performance that they are offering, Nvidia has to react real fast or else they are losing the market again

AMD is about to go even bigger in a few months and I can't wait. Now, I hope with the release of the new series GPUs in a few months time, I'll finally be able to get my hands on a 3000 series RTX GPU and 5000 series AMD CPU for very reasonable prices.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

AMD is about to go even bigger in a few months and I can't wait. Now, I hope with the release of the new series GPUs in a few months time, I'll finally be able to get my hands on a 3000 series RTX GPU and 5000 series AMD CPU for very reasonable prices.

you can get a 5000 series CPU at any time, since the shortage in stock for CPU's isn't sick like it is with the GPU's

7 hours ago, HolisticStorm said:

AMD is the future. Intel and NVidia have been improving incrementally at best, but AMD has advanced by leaps and bounds in just the past few years.

because AMD took budget people on consideration when Nvidia and Intel were still being greedy 

It's fun to see that AMDs CPUs are not anymore compared with intel but with their own releases. for example Ryzen 5 being compared with some models of Ryzen 7 where as the intel 5 is even falling short for the Ryzen 5.