Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods?

When I was a kid, I would take a hatchet, survival knife, and a .410 into the woods and rough it usually for about a month. Sometimes even longer. I would build my own shelter, purify my own water, and hunt/fish my own food. I absolutely loved doing it. Obviously I can't now. But remembering that, I remember always wanting a cabin that was way back in the woods. So far back that you thought my driveway was a side road. I have the same feeling today.

Edited by The Blackangel

That's a hard one. With beaches you have to worry about hurricanes and beached whales. lol. The forest has too many skeeters, and predators. There is something magical about both worlds. So I would take a cabin in the woods close to the beach where no hurricanes go, like the Mediterranean Sea. Then head off to a village and soak the culture. Then I pick up a newspaper and read about the Dumb Plague that has wiped out the minds of everyone in my old country. 

On 6/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, The Blackangel said:

When I was a kid, I would take a hatchet, survival knife, and a .410 into the woods and rough it usually for about a month. Sometimes even longer. I would build my own shelter, purify my own water, and hunt/fish my own food. I absolutely loved doing it. Obviously I can't now. But remembering that, I remember always wanting a cabin that was way back in the woods. So far back that you thought my driveway was a side road. I have the same feeling today.

I totally get it and maybe it has something to do with life experiences - I grew up near to the beach and you at one point, stayed in the woods so we picked what we were most familiar with.

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's a hard one. With beaches you have to worry about hurricanes and beached whales. lol. The forest has too many skeeters, and predators. There is something magical about both worlds. So I would take a cabin in the woods close to the beach where no hurricanes go, like the Mediterranean Sea. Then head off to a village and soak the culture. Then I pick up a newspaper and read about the Dumb Plague that has wiped out the minds of everyone in my old country. 

To be honest, I don't mind hurricanes at all. It's not fun when one hits and the work to clean up the yard and move the debris/fallen trees/ rooftops blocking the road is time-consuming but it's something that I've come to terms with.

This is a tough one for me as well. I love the beach (note my avatar lol). If the beach were secluded & my own private island with warm weather & palm trees, that would be ideal. On the other hand, I love the woods & being self-sufficient. Tough choice here. I think I would lean more towards the beach for the tropical feel. 

1 hour ago, ZandraJoi said:

This is a tough one for me as well. I love the beach (note my avatar lol). If the beach were secluded & my own private island with warm weather & palm trees, that would be ideal. On the other hand, I love the woods & being self-sufficient. Tough choice here. I think I would lean more towards the beach for the tropical feel. 

It's so much fun to go on the beach and just meditate as well - the cool air always feels nice no matter what time of the day and the waves are so soothing to hear in the nights.