Register Now
HolisticStorm

Annoying strategies

What strategies in games do you find annoying or cheesy?

I find it very annoying in open-world games when people use griefing to help their friends win battles. I love open-world games, and the potential for griefing obviously comes with the territory, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating when it happens. ;)

Sometimes I feel really awkward playing with friends because I'm usually the one that takes the long turns. Not because I'm ignoring what's going on during their turns, but just because for some reason I have to treat every damn game like Chess.

I kinda prefer to just play digital games because the AI doesn't give a fuck how long it takes me to move.

Cookie-cutter strategies annoy me the most due to the lack of originality from the people using it. Just because it works on a novice in most situations doesn't mean there can't be a counter to it. I purposely come up with a counter for cookie-cutter strategies and play along in the first few seconds to ensure that the idiot falls for the counter and then I spring my trap completely leaving them defenseless. It brings me so much joy when I catch them off-guard and hear them ranting.

All right, that's it. What the hell is "griefing"? I saw the word for the first time a couple days ago, on here, and still don't know what the hell it means. The terms and acronyms that are coming out now, are shit that I'm not getting the memo on the definition of. It makes me feel like I'm being kept out intentionally to make me look stupid.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:58 PM, Patrik said:

for me, they are the strategies that people keep repeating online to beat the others, those strategies are legal but annoying, they are like "oh this trick works, lemme use it forever" 

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong with it, so long as it's not a cheat, then it's all game for me and I wouldn't mind using it. 

On 6/7/2021 at 8:14 PM, Family sedan said:

I used to just constantly spin kick in Tekken.  You'll win most of the time, but you'll come close to losing a friend.  So it's not worth it.

Which character you choose for spin kicking? I love the moves of Eddy and Jin. Eddy fights as if he is dancing, which I like the most.

Jin has got some amazing moves, specially his Shaolin skills is too dangerous for opponents.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Which character you choose for spin kicking? I love the moves of Eddy and Jin. Eddy fights as if he is dancing, which I like the most.

Jin has got some amazing moves, specially his Shaolin skills is too dangerous for opponents.

It's Jin for me because I really love anything that has to do with Shaolin skills especially Tai Chi. 

23 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

It was my go to move regardless who I was using,  just use different kicks.

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

It was my go to move regardless who I was using,  just use different kicks.

Seriously, in most cases I'm very sure that everyone would most likely love Jin because it's a cool character. 

3 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

I should have learned more moves, because even your best friend will be annoyed if you win using just kicks.

It's never too late to learn new moves and strategies to help you get better at your favorite GTA series.