Register Now
ZandraJoi

How often do you exercise?

I exercise daily. I have a "body part" day that includes legs, abs, arms, etc. I just make it fun & if I'm not feeling the best, I allow myself to do light exercises. If it's really a bad day, I practice self-care & focus on other areas with stretching. I also take 2 to 3 walks with our dog on our acreage. I have some videos as well as Youtube Trainers that I follow to spice up my routine. My tip is to not make it seem like work :)

I exercise 3 times weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I normally cover all body parts with body weight exercises and dumbbells. I do things like pushups, pull ups, planks, reverse planks, butterfly kicks, squats, calf raises and I tend to do some stretching before and afterwards to prevent injury.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I can't exercise. I'm in a wheelchair, and the MD has me so weak that I just don't have the endurance to do much physical movement. Thank the Gods for powerchairs.

Yeah - you did mention this quite a few times.

I have started long walks.  I go about 5 or 6 miles on days when I'm not working and not to far off the same within work I've lost a lot of weight on that alone. I'm building myself up to longer route's and then eventually jogging and running.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I have started long walks.  I go about 5 or 6 miles on days when I'm not working and not to far off the same within work I've lost a lot of weight on that alone. I'm building myself up to longer route's and then eventually jogging and running.

That sounds awesome - I'd like to go on long walks again but between Covid restrictions and the recent upsurge of violence in my country, it's quite difficult to do so on occasions, I'm reduced to jogging around the block.