Register Now
HolisticStorm

Anti-cheat

What is your opinion on anti-cheat programs like BattlEye or VAC?

I think that they are a necessary evil, but it troubles me that they are becoming more invasive and seem to be detecting things that are not cheats (e.g. virtualization). The manufacturers also refuse to admit that there could be false positives because they want to sell their products.

never had any issue with VAC so far to be honest and it seems like it's doing more than its job, BattlEye yeah since it's not included in the games store (like VAC in steam for example) which means, it can be unaccurate sometimes

On 6/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

Seriously, it's something that I have never got to experience with VAC, everything seems to work just fine for me. I don't know about others. 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:37 AM, Patrik said:

never had any issue with VAC so far to be honest and it seems like it's doing more than its job, BattlEye yeah since it's not included in the games store (like VAC in steam for example) which means, it can be unaccurate sometimes

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's something that I have never got to experience with VAC, everything seems to work just fine for me. I don't know about others. 

I too had played Counter strike: global offensive, and I guess it also used VAC anti cheat system. I had no issues with it. 

I earlier played Tom Clancy's Ghost recon, which uses battleeye, I never had any issues with that too.

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I too had played Counter strike: global offensive, and I guess it also used VAC anti cheat system. I had no issues with it. 

I earlier played Tom Clancy's Ghost recon, which uses battleeye, I never had any issues with that too.

Damn, Counter Strike is a very interesting one, although I didn't get to play it much but the little time I had with it, I did enjoyed it. 

48 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Damn, Counter Strike is a very interesting one, although I didn't get to play it much but the little time I had with it, I did enjoyed it. 

I genuinely played it extensively on my PC. It was one of my favourite MMO games after my college days were over.

But later, when PUBG was released in our country, I shifted to PUBG which is much more fun than CS:GO.

Edited by Razor1911

31 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I genuinely played it extensively on my PC. It was one of my favourite MMO games after my college days were over.

But later, when PUBG was released in our country, I shifted to PUBG which is much more fun than CS:GO.

Definitely, it's going to be PUGB first for anyone who played Counter Strike initially because PUGB is way more better. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Definitely, it's going to be PUGB first for anyone who played Counter Strike initially because PUGB is way more better. 

Yes. The gaming features are much better and controls are very friendly in PUBG. And it's PUBG not PUGB, it's an abbreviation for PlayerUnknown's BattleGround. 😊

people will bypass anti cheat even with a kernel based one, there was hacks made during the beta of valorant. There also a issues because of vanguard, can't play on vm, Linux and mac users can't play, cloud gaming can not be used and the backlash it got at the start.

So i don't think they will have an anticheat like vanguard main reason being windows only.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Yes. The gaming features are much better and controls are very friendly in PUBG. And it's PUBG not PUGB, it's an abbreviation for PlayerUnknown's BattleGround. 😊

Don't mind my misplacement of the alphabets, it keeps happening on more than one occasion for me that I don't care anymore about it 😂