Register Now
Patrik

Doesn't it bother you that you can't change controls in consoles?

I never actually thought of it while owning PS1/PS2 till i moved to PC when i found out that i'm able to change the keys bindings, but people don't have this on Consoles actually, isn't it annoying for you that every game has a different button for shooting/aiming or whatever?

In some games you can in fact, or they give you a choice of different controller set profiles but even when you can't it doesn't really bother me.  In truth I usually stick with the default bindings even when the option is there (including PC).  I find it simpler to adapt to the game rather than go through each of the controls deciding how I want this and that.  I find that most modern games are pretty similar anyway.

The only thing that's an exception to that is in camera/aim controls.  In which I always invert the Y axis for because it came to a point where I got sick of having to re-adjust for flight Sims and other games like RPG's and shooters.

If I'm using the keyboard and mouse for a game on my PC, of which I rarely play, then I just stick with the preset controls. Also the W,A,S,D keys are red whereas the rest of the keys are black. It is after all, a gaming PC. So trying to use different keys would just screw me up.

I think most games now let you change your controls so it's not a huge problem at all. Microsoft Flight Simulator is a great example of this actually because they let you bind almost everything to some sort of combination which is awesome.