Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a reality in the gaming world you feel resigned to accept?

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

"companies do what makes them earn more", if you think about how selfish they are, you'll probably stop playing, that's why you gotta accept it and move it

So true  and that goes for every company in existence despite what they may want to convince you of otherwise.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That we're never going to see any truly original games like we did in the NES era.

The originality is there in Indie games, it's just that they don't get quite as much exposure was regular games.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true  and that goes for every company in existence despite what they may want to convince you of otherwise.

Yes, this is the sad truth, the issue is that even if gamers decide to invest from their own money to remake a game, they won't manage to do it because they might not be able to buy the game from the original company (copyright stuff)...

9 hours ago, Family sedan said:

One reality that angers me but most probably won't change is the high cost of a console.  Couldn't they make a console that can't connect to the internet or use Netflix, but just be a game console?

That is mostly due to inflation and simple greed. When it came out a new NES was $150. As the American dollar drops in value year by year, the prices will continue to go up. Other countries and economies see it going for more here, and think "If they can get that much, why shouldn't we be able to?" so they in turn charge more. I remember when a soda was 25¢ in vending machines. You'll be lucky to find one that is below $2 now. And there are a lot of countries that don't even take the American dollar anymore, simply due to how worthless it has gotten.

It was proposed a couple years ago that Canada, US, and Mexico adopt a currency modeled after the Euro. But was eventually decided that it would tank the economy or something. I don't remember the actual reason. Personally, I like the idea. But I don't know jack shit about economics, so I don't know if it's a good one. Or even plausible.

Edited by The Blackangel

Inflation is a huge problem here in the U.S. these days.  You could get a Caprice Classic new in 1994 for less than 20 grand if you didn't feel like you needed the CD player or leather options.  That same close to base Caprice today would probably sell for like 31 grand, still without leather seats mind you.  And this is assuming you could still get a rear drive V-8 "Big 3" sedan besides the Charger or 300, which these days you can't.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Whoever came up with the idea to use paper as currency is genius. lol

I see the reality of the gaming world becoming full blown subscription. Gonna have to kneecap those sharks. 

Not to mention that American money is printed on cotton fiber paper and not wood pulp....

On 6/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, skyfire said:

A lot of games are dragged one after another sequel and there is very little added into it. like most of the EA games or the franchise games of it. 

Seriously, it's just what we get now with what gaming companies do right now. It's simply all about the money now.