Register Now
realgamez

Greediness of game publishers is just crazy.

When you used to buy a game, you would get everything made for the game but nowadays in order to increase revenue, developers have been taking out features in order to sell them back to you as release day DLC.

On top of that, some developers are even putting microtransactions into their full priced games. The reason why your see microtransactions in free games is that it is the way those games monetise but when buying a game, they are getting paid already.

I don't like when they publish an unfinished game and after that they release DLC and make you to buy it to be able to play the full video game. Some people are OK with that but for others it's just pure greediness by the publisher's side. If they are going to continue with that they should consider making the DLCs cheaper.

Edited by Keranov

Well, I understand that games are going to cost more now a days than they did since the first console I've had.  But I think that's just greedy to sell an unfinished game and make you have to pay again to finish the game.....or sell parts separately so that you can't even play the game without having to drop more cash.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, JennyorAlice said:

Well, I understand that games are going to cost more now a days than they did since the first console I've had.  But I think that's just greedy to sell an unfinished game and make you have to pay again to finish the game.....or sell parts separately so that you can't even play the game without having to drop more cash.

I'm guessing you are referencing the FF 7 remake, which honestly I can of support the parts since a game this big will cost a lot.

The trouble is--and I know I'm playing devil's advocate here--but video game development is *extremely* costly. Video game prices, on the whole, have stagnated over the last decade, while the costs of games has risen significantly. I feel you--I don't like some of the shady business practices of some of the big conglomerate companies like EA as much as the next person--but the truth is games are very expensive to make. Things like pre-owned games, as well as pirating have a negative impact, too.