Register Now
killamch89

How do you calm yourself down when you are angry?

Staying at home to long anf around the same people and also doing the same old thing each day can make anyone go crazy and scream. Just hung a family member to clm down rather then smashing things up

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Staying at home to long anf around the same people and also doing the same old thing each day can make anyone go crazy and scream. Just hung a family member to clm down rather then smashing things up

Why did you hang a family member? Even to me that seems a bit odd.

Edited by The Blackangel

Getting truly angry is a rarity for me.  Frustrated or irritated, maybe, but outright angry, rare.  When this does happen, though, I tend to do some kind of silly things (in isolation, where supposedly no one can see or hear me), like just start growling in angry bursts repeatedly or punching my leg or my furniture or something.  One time I went outside and started smashing my fist into the brick wall and cut up my hand a bit (admittedly this wasn't very smart lol.  But that was ages ago).

23 minutes ago, Steerminator said:

Getting truly angry is a rarity for me.  Frustrated or irritated, maybe, but outright angry, rare.  When this does happen, though, I tend to do some kind of silly things (in isolation, where supposedly no one can see or hear me), like just start growling in angry bursts repeatedly or punching my leg or my furniture or something.  One time I went outside and started smashing my fist into the brick wall and cut up my hand a bit (admittedly this wasn't very smart lol.  But that was ages ago).

I hear you. I fractured my hand punching a metal horse trailer. It's just stupid. I was under the influence of alcohol though. If you are gonna start punching something, make sure the material is softer than bone. 

Best thing is prevention. Stay clear of anything that makes you angry. Usually an outburst happens when there is more than one occurrence that finally sets a person off. Pay attention to what makes you angry and steer clear. Even if it is a family member, avoid them for a while. Talk to them about what makes you mad when you aren't mad. And if they don't stop, just completely avoid them even if you live with them. If it is your spouse, you are completely screwed. 

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Why did you hang a family member? Even to me that seems a bit odd.

I think he meant told but probably mistyped it. 

9 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I remembered punching a hole through my room door when I was growing up - I used to have plenty of anger issues from my parents constantly fighting and also butting head with my big brother. I'm way calmer now though.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, killamch89 said:

I think he meant told but probably mistyped it. 

I remembered punching a hole through my room door when I was growing up - I used to have plenty of anger issues from my parents constantly fighting and also butting head with my big brother. I'm way calmer now though.

I wouldn't say I ever had anger issues, but I did get into conflicts with my brother a bunch of times when I was younger (like most of us I imagine).  I kicked a hole in the wall one time totally by accident.  Well, I mean, the hole was an accident, not the kicking.  Or was it a punch?  I can't really remember.

9 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I wouldn't say I ever had anger issues, but I did get into conflicts with my brother a bunch of times when I was younger (like most of us I imagine).  I kicked a hole in the wall one time totally by accident.  Well, I mean, the hole was an accident, not the kicking.  Or was it a punch?  I can't really remember.

Yep - I used to get into with my big brother all the while when I was growing up. Nowadays, we're cool as hell and ask each other about stuff.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:31 PM, killamch89 said:

Yep - I used to get into with my big brother all the while when I was growing up. Nowadays, we're cool as hell and ask each other about stuff.

Same.  Well, even back then I would say we were close.  Hell, we still have problems sometimes to this day.  We've always been really close, though.  My whole family, really.  Maybe its because we're like 95% Italian.

18 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Same.  Well, even back then I would say we were close.  Hell, we still have problems sometimes to this day.  We've always been really close, though.  My whole family, really.  Maybe its because we're like 95% Italian.

You'll always have the occasional family argument but it's great when to have them around (that's if you have a healthy bond with them).