Register Now
DC

What JRPG are you playing right now?

What are you playing and what are your thoughts? Any interesting observations? Don't be scared to share your thoughts about a game that someone else is playing.

I'm currently toying with Octopath Traveler and Final Fantasy XII.

I'm still playing around with the final chapters of some the characters in Octopath Traveler. Amazing game. May pick up Battle Chasers at some point, too (I think it's on sale on UK PSN atm). Not necessarily a JRPG but the turn-based combat is very JRPG-esque. Heard very good things about it.

The better question for me is what JRPG I'm NOT playing right now 🤣 I do love my JRPGs. At the moment I'm still making my way through Ni No Kuni 2 and Atelier Lydie and Suelle because I've left them behind for a few months and I really want to finish them. But after that I'm starting Tales of the Abyss once again to prepare for Tales of Vesperia's eventual release!

4 hours ago, Aimee Hart said:

The better question for me is what JRPG I'm NOT playing right now 🤣 I do love my JRPGs. At the moment I'm still making my way through Ni No Kuni 2 and Atelier Lydie and Suelle because I've left them behind for a few months and I really want to finish them. But after that I'm starting Tales of the Abyss once again to prepare for Tales of Vesperia's eventual release!

I absolutely *adored* the original Ni No Kuni. One of my fave JRPGs of all-time. How're you finding Ni No Kuni 2? I was a little put off by the real-time combat system, lack of Studio Ghibli's involvement and the seeming lack of cute monsters to catch. I wanna check it out at some point and I've seen it for around 25 quid. Would you recommend it?

Edited by DylanC

On 9/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, DylanC said:

I absolutely *adored* the original Ni No Kuni. One of my fave JRPGs of all-time. How're you finding Ni No Kuni 2? I was a little put off by the real-time combat system, lack of Studio Ghibli's involvement and the seeming lack of cute monsters to catch. I wanna check it out at some point and I've seen it for around 25 quid. Would you recommend it?

I've got really mixed feelings about it. Ni No Kuni 2 can be really fun but it's so predictable, and it makes the story seem kinda flat. There's a lot of collecting to do too (which I expected) and the game was far too easy before. Thankfully they've changed it so that there are more difficulty levels. That said, if you've got money to spare then I would give it a go because the game IS cute. 

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Currently, I can't really get enough of playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake till date. It's among the most unappreciated JRPG games of all time. 

FFVII being described as "underappreciated"? Walks outside to find the planet is turning the wrong direction and the sky is purple with green spots.