Register Now
The Blackangel

EA Hacked, 780gb of Data Stolen, Including FIFA & Frostbite Source Code, Being Sold For $28 Million

EA says that no players personal info was leaked, and I believe them, so that's a relief. I am a little concerned that some of thier employees info might be vulnerable' like what happened when CDPR was hacked. Those things aside, I offer them no sympathies. EA are the victims and these hackers are criminals, but I don't really care about those facts because of how badly EA treat thier customers and staff, especially at the studios they control, and I hope this hurts.

Honestly, aside from everything about "stealing is bad", I sincerely hope that someone will eventually get that amount of money and buy it only to thoroughly reveal all the atrocities EA has stuffed into their games, and these bastards won't be able to deny any of that because it's their own goddamn code, their own shit. That would be one of the the greatest expose videos in gaming history.

Selling it is a pretty stupid move, even if it's paid for with crypto-currency like BitCoin. They can easily see who bought it and trace the account it was sent to. It's nowhere near as secure as people think. That's a lie. The NSA and CIA know exactly what I'm doing and saying right now, because they're tracking my online activity. That was exposed years ago.

Nothing online is "secure" or "anonymous".

On 6/11/2021 at 5:25 PM, Shagger said:

EA says that no players personal info was leaked, and I believe them, so that's a relief. I am a little concerned that some of thier employees info might be vulnerable' like what happened when CDPR was hacked. Those things aside, I offer them no sympathies. EA are the victims and these hackers are criminals, but I don't really care about those facts because of how badly EA treat thier customers and staff, especially at the studios they control, and I hope this hurts.

I can't believe anything EA says - they lie about almost anything so I'm waiting to hear more detailed info before I believe them that no personal info was leaked. On another note, I couldn't care less what happens to EA because they're a toxic entity in the gaming industry and they need to be dissolved.

51 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I can't believe anything EA says - they lie about almost anything so I'm waiting to hear more detailed info before I believe them that no personal info was leaked. On another note, I couldn't care less what happens to EA because they're a toxic entity in the gaming industry and they need to be dissolved.

I believe them when they said that their user's personal data wasn't jeopardised because, based on the details about what was accessed, it seams unlikely that this was the target of the attack. I don't think source game code and user data would be held of the same, physical data storage. A user would need to access the user data storage through EA's user interface and login systems to make using those processes possible, so by itself it's a security risk buy holding something as valuable as game's source code on the same device(s) or enclosed network. I didn't believe them because I am willing to take thier word, I believed them because that's what actually made sense to me anyway.

The more I think about it... who the hell is even going to spend that kind of money on Frostbite source code?  You could assemble a team and design your own development tools from scratch for the same if not less without the risk of EA suing you after what will no doubt be a massive investigation.  Unless I'm missing something you'd have to be a bit stupid.

Edited by Crazycrab

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Selling it is a pretty stupid move, even if it's paid for with crypto-currency like BitCoin. They can easily see who bought it and trace the account it was sent to.

No. That's not possible if monero, bitcoin and pIVX are used in combination. Traces gets destroyed if you used specific crypto that masks the sender like PIVX and Monero. 

If anyone is genuinely doing this there is definitely a way to avoid ever getting traced. 

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The government has the ability to trace anything. There is always a backdoor. Just because we think it's secure, doesn't mean it actually is. Just ask Edward Snowden.

Point but the swaps if you do with monero crypto then address gets burned with each transactions which means trace 1 is removed then say PIVX crypto same happens and then the money moved to any other crypto would remove the traces. I think swapping the money with such crypto would burn traces that is one reason a lot of people are using monero and PIVX for criminal transactions like say those ransom transactions online. There are always ways to get around. 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:01 AM, The Blackangel said:

Selling it is a pretty stupid move, even if it's paid for with crypto-currency like BitCoin. They can easily see who bought it and trace the account it was sent to. It's nowhere near as secure as people think. That's a lie. The NSA and CIA know exactly what I'm doing and saying right now, because they're tracking my online activity. That was exposed years ago.

Nothing online is "secure" or "anonymous".

You can easily get around that by using other decentralized cryptos like Monero or using Bitcoin tumblers so it'd be hard to trace them. However, this kind of info is only useful to EA's competitors so it'd be pretty easy to narrow it down if that 28m was paid because only a few companies have that kind of money on hand.