Register Now
The Blackangel

EA Hacked, 780gb of Data Stolen, Including FIFA & Frostbite Source Code, Being Sold For $28 Million

20 hours ago, Shole said:

Yeah, it's easy to hack those who pay little for important core parts of their sites 😄

It's only when they suffer some kind of ransomware or cyber attack that they are suddenly concerned with cyber security. I can't say I feel sorry for companies like this.

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think there is a business in the security industry where they hack and also provide security patches and that has been going on for years.

We're aware of that but what I was saying is that they tend to undercut that part of their business for the most part. It's only when they suffer a major hack that they try allocate more of their budget to improving their cybersecurity. 

On 7/12/2021 at 6:37 AM, killamch89 said:

Most companies only care about profits and don't really pay much attention to security. I've been on the darkweb a couple of times and seen a whole country's government system info being sold and the worst part is, most aren't even aware.

Such things are bound to happen. Dark web is full of such illegal things. You can't completely secure your data, hackers will always come up with new tactics. Only after someone is attacked, then can take preventive measures.

32 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Such things are bound to happen. Dark web is full of such illegal things. You can't completely secure your data, hackers will always come up with new tactics. Only after someone is attacked, then can take preventive measures.

Exactly my point - they're reactive instead of proactive when it comes to their security protocol and that's why CDPR lost 65% of their market value since the hacking of their servers.

Yes the mystery box theories on reddit and the youtube are funny. I mean I understand there could be people with free time into torture the target type of stuff but cant imagine all of this in the covid times lol. 

56 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well, if the hack happens in such a way that the personal info for players aren't compromised, then it's definitely not my problem because EA do deserves some things they get. 

Lol. 😆 Yeah they do deserve that. Atleast they should have highest order of security for their gamers. And who knows, even the users data have been compromised too and we still don't know that yet. 🙄

Edited by Razor1911

26 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol. 😆 Yeah they do deserve that. Atleast they should have highest order of security for their gamers. And who knows, even the users data have been compromised too and we still don't know that yet. 🙄

Seriously, they have sucked the life out of most gamers to the point of paranoia. They deserve it big time. 

48 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, they have sucked the life out of most gamers to the point of paranoia. They deserve it big time. 

Hmm. I hope they can reform their practices. Hopefully, they will regain their earlier status in future, though it looks slim. But anyway, I hope they will provide more AAA games having atleast better security in future. 🙄

51 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Hmm. I hope they can reform their practices. Hopefully, they will regain their earlier status in future, though it looks slim. But anyway, I hope they will provide more AAA games having atleast better security in future. 🙄

I'm not sure if they would ever change sooner because they have been down deep in the act of robbing that they can't change.