Register Now
skyfire

Alba

On 8/24/2021 at 3:38 AM, skyfire said:

A lot of games got ported few months or years later into switch or any other console. I have yet to find out the right timing or reasons for such moves. 

These moves are usually made to gain some new fans on another platform. It doesn't usually hurt to do so - the only time when it's a negative is when the port itself is horribly done.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

These moves are usually made to gain some new fans on another platform. It doesn't usually hurt to do so - the only time when it's a negative is when the port itself is horribly done.

Exactly, once there is a port move, it's the quest to get more fans as well as more money from the game, it's not really a bad thing as far as the game is worth the stress. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yes that could be the case. 

48 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Yes that could be the case. 

Yeah, I know for sure it's the main reason why they would consider doing that to begin with because without the need to get more new fans, they would still stick to what or how they had it before. 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, I know for sure it's the main reason why they would consider doing that to begin with because without the need to get more new fans, they would still stick to what or how they had it before. 

The fans are really very important for them especially at the early stages of their growth because without them, their survival will be difficult. 

On 9/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, skyfire said:

Considering gamemaker is now yearly license with export on all devices. I would see all the major indies doing the porting easily as even with unity it was possible but was expensive oevrall with other engines. 

Yeah - which I actually believe that it's something that is going to work towards the betterment of the company so to say.