Register Now
Steerminator

How to find like minded people when your primary interests are staying at home and playing video games?

2 hours ago, Steerminator said:

No she wasn't.  That's a very sad story.

She has had a lot of trouble though.  First when she was 2 years old she was afflicted with some illness that paralyzed her and almost killed her.  She managed to slowly recover somehow, except for her right leg, which had to have the tendons cut in it, so ever since its basically straight.  She can't bend her knee.

She's 14 older than me so I don't know all the details, but I've been told that she had an incredibly difficult time because was treated cruelly by other students in school because she was crippled, and she had a very difficult time academically as well.  I guess that all may have something to do with why she has such a negative view of other people.

I dropped out midway into my junior year of HS due to the bullying. It was either that, or a precursor to Columbine. The school district actually gave me a diploma to try to ensure that I never tried to come back.

When I was 2 my uncle tried to kill me. He threw me into an above ground pool, said "Swim or die" and walked away. I don't remember how I got out of the pool, but I went to my sperm donor (aka father) crying. He hit me in the head with a board and called me a pussy. I woke up the next day in the dog house. Our dog had dragged me into her house to clean me up and protect me. No one had cared to look for me apparently.

My female DNA match is 10 years older than me and my male DNA match is 13 years older than me. But they walk on water, so theirs is a completely different story.

All in all, it was a pretty standard and normal childhood.

Edited by The Blackangel

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I dropped out midway into my junior year of HS due to the bullying. It was either that, or a precursor to Columbine. The school district actually gave me a diploma to try to ensure that I never tried to come back.

When I was 2 my uncle tried to kill me. He threw me into an above ground pool, said "Swim or die" and walked away. I don't remember how I got out of the pool, but I went to my sperm donor (aka father) crying. He hit me in the head with a board and called me a pussy. I woke up the next day in the dog house. Our dog had dragged me into her house to clean me up and protect me. No one had cared to look for me apparently.

My female DNA match is 10 years older than me and my male DNA match is 13 years older than me. But they walk on water, so theirs is a completely different story.

All in all, it was a pretty standard and normal childhood.

Wow, that's absolutely horrendous.  If that's the kind of stuff you dealt with regularly, its a wonder you're still sane.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:18 AM, Steerminator said:

No she wasn't.  That's a very sad story.

She has had a lot of trouble though.  First when she was 2 years old she was afflicted with some illness that paralyzed her and almost killed her.  She managed to slowly recover somehow, except for her right leg, which had to have the tendons cut in it, so ever since its basically straight.  She can't bend her knee.

She's 14 older than me so I don't know all the details, but I've been told that she had an incredibly difficult time because was treated cruelly by other students in school because she was crippled, and she had a very difficult time academically as well.  I guess that all may have something to do with why she has such a negative view of other people.

Yep - that's exactly what caused her to be like that. You can't really blame her because I've seen how they treat people with physical/mental disabilities every day. I've had to step in a few times.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, killamch89 said:

Yep - that's exactly what caused her to be like that. You can't really blame her because I've seen how they treat people with physical/mental disabilities every day. I've had to step in a few times.

Oh I certainly wouldn't blame her. I just wouldn't want to be overly presumptuous by assuming that this had a large role in shaping her view of people.  I mean I can't really know the extent of how much she was bullied or, more importantly, the depths of which it affected her personally.