Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did anything from a video game ever change your RL perspective on something?

Did you ever learn or experience something in a video game that changed your real life perspective on something, whether large or small? For example, I used to look up at the stars at night and see hope and possibility. But after Kaidan made a comment in Mass Effect 3, I look up and think, “Wow, there are probably trillions of organisms out there suffering.”

1. I do so much simulators games, Trucking or flight sims, You learn so much realism from those games/sim and at times it has help me in that respective. Flying A320s 🙂 but not in my realife yet LOL and then driving games with the G29 and one day to get the shifter. But I do not drive in reamlife 😞 
  2. survival games can also help if the survival game is in great details and if you are stuck you can learn or see what you learn from playing survival games. I have not gotten to get stuck in a rain forest. 
  3. GTA on how to not steal and be a nut, seen so many news reports from people gettting killed and or something pops up with kids and turns out that GTA is always to blame. 

From RDR2, that true honor is yours to define. Even if it goes against everything you were taught and everything you know.

For example, I was extremely racist against black people because it's what I was taught from the moment I was born. I thought it was just how I was supposed to be. Then I thankfully met a woman who is mixed race. Within 2 weeks she put a gun in my head and killed that racist. How she did it, I don't know. I fought the racism unsuccessfully for 20 years. She killed it in a fortnight. Before I met her the word "nigger" came out of my mouth more casually than "hello" comes out of any of your mouths. I had no honor prior to meeting her, due to my racism. Since meeting her, my honor has gone up a tiny bit.

That's how I define the honor that Arthur taught me.

I have learned one thing though both from RL and video games. Bad has no gender, anyone I mean anyone can take stab at you. Power is the only thing that you can keep to getting stabbed. In games you have black or white logic, in real life that is not how it works. People use you and move on to another victim and act like they didn't do anything wrong. If you try to push such people back, you become the vilian.