Register Now
StaceyPowers

What franchise do you wish would never have another sequel made again?

Almost couble of years or five years that EA or ubisoft always making the next franchise game, always. Farcry, tom clancy's, assassin's creed then there is Battlefield and Call of duty. Last night when ubisoft was live and showing what's coming, it's the same od same and no new titles just the next game release that we all played the older games.

On 6/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

GTA, CoD, and other games of the like. Try to end the sequel craze and get some original games.

To be fair, GTA tends to release their sequels even 5-7 years barring this current version which has been ongoing since 2013 and no sequel in sight. 

On 6/13/2021 at 5:31 AM, Empire said:

Almost couble of years or five years that EA or ubisoft always making the next franchise game, always. Farcry, tom clancy's, assassin's creed then there is Battlefield and Call of duty. Last night when ubisoft was live and showing what's coming, it's the same od same and no new titles just the next game release that we all played the older games.

I have to agree - EA and Ubisoft speeches every year claim that this iteration of their games will be "revolutionary".

I'm okay with there being new Fifa and NBA games every year, but only because new sports fans are coming of age every year.  By coming of age I mean 10 or 12 years old and really playing video games seriously.  To be honest though, I can't even remember the last basketball game I bought, it might have been that used copy of NBA Live '03 that I bought about 6 years ago.

21 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I'm okay with there being new Fifa and NBA games every year, but only because new sports fans are coming of age every year.  By coming of age I mean 10 or 12 years old and really playing video games seriously.  To be honest though, I can't even remember the last basketball game I bought, it might have been that used copy of NBA Live '03 that I bought about 6 years ago.

You see the issue we have with Fifa is that the same bugs that have been present in the game over the past 5-6 years are still there, hardly any improvements over that time period, they keep re-adding features from older games and calling it revolutionary and sell it to us at a premium price. That's why most of us complain about it. I used to love Fifa as a kid but EA has been really falling off with this series since 2014.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:41 PM, Family sedan said:

And you wonder why I'm afraid to go to a newer console than PS3.

There's PES and it's better than Fifa in almost every way barring the official licenses of the various clubs which EA have exclusive rights to.  

OH MY GOD there are SO many series I could say this about.  It seems like somehow if they make enough sequels to something (RPG series more than anything else), they manage to screw it up somehow (IMHP).  Games that I think should have been the final entry in their series:

Wild Arms 1

Suikoden 2

Breath of Fire 2

Lufia 2

Final Fantasy 7 (Not the Final Fantasy series, just the "FF7" series:  none of this Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core and what have you)

Final Fantasy 4 (Same deal as FF7)

Chrono Trigger

Those are all just off the top of my head, more or less.

Battlefield

I don't understand how this franchise is so popular. Every game I've tried from it was more atrociously bad than the last. I'm not a COD fan by a longshot, but damn BF makes COD look like masterpieces of high art.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, Family sedan said:

What are the best NBA games of today, if I ever did get a PS5?

Unfortunately, you're stuck with NBA 2K by default and it's a buggy mess although it isn't developed by EA. It has lootboxes, lots of gambling mechanics and okayish gameplay. Overall, I'd recommend you stay away from it.