Register Now
StaceyPowers

What franchise do you wish would never have another sequel made again?

Hah, misread it and thought the question was "What franchise do you wish would have a sequel made...". And I went for Silent Hill.

In regards to the OP, I'd probably go for Assassin's Creed. (Though I quite liked Odyssey tbh.)

Edited by DylanC

23 minutes ago, Shagger said:

The FIFA series needs to die of ebola and rot in hell. Hopefully the contagion will spared to EA Sports in general and kill them off too.

While that is pretty extreme, I'd love EA to fall - I really want them to just because of how outstandingly arrogant and delusional they are. Well, they are falling just not as quickly as I'd like.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd be happy if there wasn't another Fifa game released because everyone that has been released in recent years has been an extremely marginal upgrade on the previous game and all EA is doing is milking its customers.

Don't tell that about FIFA. If I can manage 5 hours of spare time in a day, I would be playing FIFA for all 5 hours. That much I love playing FIFA.

But technically you are correct. After FIFA 2019, there were marginal updates, even PES is giving better upgradation every year.

On 6/22/2021 at 4:56 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

You must have stayed in the animus too long. You can get the bleeding effect or hallucinations if you do. I think it's one of the best series out there.  

There's waaay too much titles and I feel like most of them are overhyped. 

On 6/23/2021 at 7:09 AM, Razor1911 said:

Don't tell that about FIFA. If I can manage 5 hours of spare time in a day, I would be playing FIFA for all 5 hours. That much I love playing FIFA.

But technically you are correct. After FIFA 2019, there were marginal updates, even PES is giving better upgradation every year.

FIFA's issue of releasing the same game year after year with little more than updated team rosters and logo changes started long before 2019. FIFA 2014, for example, could release on three generations of Playstation console (PS2, PS3 and PS4) and even two generations of Playstation handheld (PS Vita and PSP) on the same day. The fact that was even technically possible to release the same game on PSP and PlayStation 4 with the same in-game engines shows just how little the game changes over time. And don't even get me started on FUT, what is beyond doubt the most sinister and disgusting monetisation system in any pay-to-play video game. In fact, most free-to-play games aren't as horrendous as FUT.

Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy playing it, then good for you and don't let anyone tell you shouldn't, but it just makes me sick that they get away with the crap they do year after year because people keep buying it. We can all see it, with exception of FIFA fans apparently. Even cooperate media outlets like IGN have had enough and have slammed the last couple of games on account of how lazy and greedy they are.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:12 AM, Shagger said:

FIFA's issue of releasing the same game year after year with little more than updated team rosters and logo changes started long before 2019. FIFA 2014, for example, could release on three generations of Playstation console (PS2, PS3 and PS4) and even two generations of Playstation handheld (PS Vita and PSP) on the same day. The fact that was even technically possible to release the same game on PSP and PlayStation 4 with the same in-game engines shows just how little the game changes over time. And don't even get me started on FUT, what is beyond doubt the most sinister and disgusting monetisation system in any pay-to-play video game. In fact, most free-to-play games aren't as horrendous as FUT.

Don't get me wrong, if you enjoy playing it, then good for you and don't let anyone tell you shouldn't, but it just makes me sick that they get away with the crap they do year after year because people keep buying it. We can all see it, with exception of FIFA fans apparently. Even cooperate media outlets like IGN have had enough and have slammed the last couple of games on account of how lazy and greedy they are.

I didn't had the in-depth news about this. I was talking from a player's point of view. 

The FUT, as you have mentioned has really become annoying with every update. The monetisation for this FUT is really an ugly turn for this game. Though I haven't bought anything. 😆

On 6/13/2021 at 6:18 AM, skyfire said:

I think EA games are kind of boring and so does the mario games. I know some people like them but I got tired of same old stuff. 

Well, I would say that it's definitely not all EA games that are boring because there are so great ones out there.